Sunday, February 5, 2012

Merci...

Hey guys! Are you tuned into the Papertrey Anniversary celebrations? Last year I was still somewhat new to PTI, so it was the first time I experienced how they celebrate. I didn't get to participate in many challenges, if I recall, so this year I am going to try my hardest to tackle at least most of them!


Today, we were challenged to draw inspiration from a member of the design team, create a project based on that, and then gush a little about the designer we chose.

No problem.

Betsy Veldman is a-may-zing. At least, in my opinion. That girl can take a stamp set and it's like magic when she's finished. I have learned *so* much from her blog, her Make it Monday tutorials, and her contributions to the PTI Newsletter.

Which is where I drew today's inspiration. Betsy's favourite project was one she created for the newsletter, showing an interesting way to showcase the sentiment of a card. Now, my talents pale in comparison to Betsy, but I loved this project when she fist shared it, and wanted to try the technique, so this was the push I needed.


I *wish* I could combine stamps the way that Betsy does, and I did her no justice with my card. That doesn't mean I don't like this card... I just don't want to imply that it's anywhere near the calibre of Betsy's skill!

Here is a close up of the sentiment label:


I also played along with a new sketch challenge, called I Spy Sketches. I love when I find a new sketch challenge!

And as a last note... I feel like I really got some excitement going in one of my recent posts when I mentioned I had a little something I was concentrating on that was taking time and energy away from my crafting... I don't want to get all your hopes up for something huge! I am doing something for myself that I should have done years ago... and finally the pieces seem to be falling into place. I am excited to share it with you, but I should warn you - it isn't related to paper in the least! But thank you all so much for such an enthusiastic response. You're *so* sweet, and I can't wait to share when it feels like the right time!

Pin It

3 comments:

Kristii said...

absolutely fabulous! I love the distressed edges and all the layers!! The sentiment is beautifully done!!! :)

Pauline said...

Another stunning creation Meredith! Love the muted colours and the rustic feel!

Leigh said...

This is beautiful! I love this card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...