Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hello Friend...

Hi again! I am here with another post for today's Pinterest inspired contest on Nichole Heady's blog in celebration of Papertrey Ink's five year anniversary.

When I was looking for inspiration for the first card I shared with you, I found all kinds of great photos to use (isn't that the point?) as jumping off points for other projects. So I chose another cherry themed photo, to create a non-cherry card.


I have learned I better not even log on to Pinterest unless I have endless hours to spend there. I couldn't believe how fast time slipped by while looking for some inspiration for one little project!

Here is the photo I used for this project:


Source: flickr.com via Meredith on Pinterest


And here is the very simple card I created:


I drew inspiration from the colours of the photo, and stamped my blue paper to resemble the linens on the table, and though it's tough to tell, my sentiment is stamped in a deep purple, similar to the colour of the cherries. I finished it with black twine, drawn from the rim of the bowl.

Pretty CAS for me, but I was pinched for time, and every once in awhile I like to do one like this!

Pin It

6 comments:

Leigh said...

Super pretty, Meredith! I love that photo, too.... I don't even have Pinterest because I waste WAY too much time online as it is! LOL!

spookiee said...

Oh I can't wait for summer to come so I can eat cherries all day!!!! I love the woodgrain plate ♥

Deanna Jean said...

Wow..I would never have looked at this photo and thought of a card. Great take on the photo. Love all that white space.

Elena said...

Love the woodgrain, andnyournlittle cherry button :)

Ruth T.Kaczmarek said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!
YFH2310 Flugelhorn

Ally said...

Great photo, and your card is fabulous! I love how clean and simple it is. The sentiment is perfect and so pretty, and the woodgrain with the twine and button are lovely touches. I really love this card. ;-) Nice job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...