Friday, February 3, 2012

Festive Friday - 2008 Holiday Tags...

Hi guys! Sorry for the delay... I left my memory card behind last night at Shirley's, and didn't get it back until half an hour ago!

Back in action. Today I am using a set that I picked up right near the end of the holidays, so I didn't get to use it much at all... 2008 Holiday Tags from Papertrey Ink. The reason I bought the set, even so late in the season, is because it has a lot of images that could be used in many non-holiday applications. In fact, if I hadn't been so busy this week, I'd have loved to give you a bunch of examples! Maybe I'll do another feature post with this set in the future...


I have to admit, my mojo has been on a slight hiatus this past couple of weeks. I have been focusing on something else - something pretty big - and it's been taking a LOT of energy. I don't want to share too much just yet, as it's quite a big change for me, and I really want to get into the groove of things before I give it all away! But things are going really well - better than I might have thought - and the results are proving worth my efforts.

Back to my cards. These are somewhat simpler than my usual style, because, as I said, energy and mojo weren't the best this week!

My first card is super simple, but I wanted to really showcase the beautiful star frame.


I originally had it just green, but something was really lacking. So I used a circle punch to create a cut out to feature the star in red. A little rhinestone finished it off perfectly.

Next, I created a card using my favourite stamp in the set.


You had to know a snowflake was coming! I love the subtle tones of the paper, after using lots of distress ink to shade it.

And finally, a non-holiday card for you. I love how this one turned out. Could it be because it's full of Crate Paper goodness? *wink*


I used a sentiment from Friendship Jar: Spring Fillers before I realized there is a "Just for You" sentiment in the tag set - so I really shouldn't have had to use another set at all for this one! Isn't that frame lovely?

And I just want to throw my 2 cents in about the new ink from PTI... I LOVE it. I know a lot of people have been unsure about it because of previous issues with the ink from them, but I highly recommend it. The colour saturation is perfect, the image quality is nice and crisp, and I don't find the shape of the pads to be a hinderance at all.

If you were wondering, of course. *wink*

That's it for me today... I'll be back tomorrow though, so come back and say hi!

Pin It

6 comments:

kelly said...

such beautiful cards! and i cant wait to hear your news!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Excellent cards both holiday and non holiday. Has it been as gloomy in BC as it has been in Ontario this winter? I agree the new PTI ink formulation is awesome--love it loveit.

Deborah Frings said...

Another really super set of cards. I really like the way you get such different looks. Love the first one!

Christi said...

2008 Holiday Tags was my very first PTI set and still one of my favorites. I use it a lot for favors and gifts. I used the tag from your 3rd card as the favor tag/place card for my wedding.
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/12854_176508141005_162883671005_3380041_7520699_n.jpg

Kristi said...

Super cute!! Can't wait to hear your news!!

Geri said...

Wow, Meredith...these are some of my favorites from you. Love the intricate tag image with the little red star (and the layered mats)... so, so pretty. The background of the second card is lovely and perfect for your focal point. And yes, who can resist the CP goodness of the third. AND...you're killin' me with where this energy (the stuff we're not seeing...yea, right!!!) is going. Can't wait to hear!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...