Saturday, February 25, 2012

Celebrate You... PTI February Blog Hop

Whew!! Look at the cobwebs around here! I know it's been super quiet, but the last few weeks have been busy, so the craft room was neglected for awhile. I know a couple of you were wondering if I'd dropped off the planet, but no such luck... I am still here and kicking!


What better way to make a comeback than with the February Papertrey Ink Blog Hop? I made sure I found time to create something for this month's theme, which is to create an interactive card.


I have to admit, my card is not that creative in terms of interaction. I looked and looked and of course, there are tons of neat ideas... but I just couldn't really see myself applying them. I didn't really want to create something I would never use. So instead, I included a pouch on the front of my card to include a gift tag - because you know how I love tags!


I made the tag to coordinate with the "wishing you a happy birthday" sentiment, but also made sure it would work well if used on it's own - so the recipient of this card could re-use the tag on a gift.


I hope this counts as interactive?

I sprayed my card base with some Tattered Angels, which unfortunately didn't photograph well... But the shimmer is beautiful, and it's seriously addictive!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with a Scrapbook Sunday post for you - back on schedule this week!

Pin It

19 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

This is lovely - great papers, pretty bows, and lace - it's fab!

Elena said...

It totally counts, lol! Such a beautiful card, I bet I could stare at it for awhile and keep noticing new things - I love the woodgrain card base, and the little pocket especially!

Geri said...

Why, it certainly counts and is very practical! And it's beautiful!!! The tag the card...everything! And where did that sweet little trim come from?!? So good to see you creating again!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Sure is interactive. Love the pocket and all the patterns you used to create this.

Tracey McNeely said...

Awesome card, I love all of your patterns and elements. I could keep finding things.

JJ Bolton said...

So pretty! Love that bit of lace:)

rebecca said...

This is such a sweet card! It looks interactive to me!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Hi Meredith, I really am inspired by your creativity. Check out my blog for a little award I have for you.

Creative Grammie said...

So beautiful! Tags are my favorite, so combining your tag with your card is such a great idea! I love the colors and lace and ribbon flower,
TFS

Leigh said...

Gorgeous! I love the pocket!

Marybeth said...

This is perfect what you made. Know what you mean so many times I make a card for a challenge then do not use it! This is beautiful !

The Paper Parade said...

Meredith, I'm loving all the different elements in this card! I love all the different textures, and the neat tag that you can pull out. That big bow is a showstopper too :)

Suzanne said...

Meredith, I love the rustic feel of the woodgrain and those patterned papers...the diecut letters and flowers are perfect!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty! Love the beautiful prints on the paper, the tag... the ribbon... such a delighful card. :o)

Helen F. said...

This is beautiful - great patterned papers, pretty bows, and lacey layers - it all works together perfectly :)

Chunyuan said...

beautiful card.

Kristii said...

What a beautiful card!! I love all the fabulous details and the colors are fab-ulous!!!

Terri E. said...

Great job with the colors, layers and textures. Way to rock out the PTI blog challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Rebecca said...

Your pouch and tag are decorated so beautifully! I love this style of design and can never achieve it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...