Friday, February 10, 2012

Celebrate Today and Always...

Hey guys!

I can't believe it, but I did manage to squeak in a project for today's sketch challenge on Nichole Heady's blog. I love a good sketch challenge, and if today wasn't such a busy day, I would have liked to make a card for every sketch - they're great! I think I will download Nichole's PDF and keep it for reference.


My mojo was on vacation today, apparently, though when I started cutting paper, it did sort of come together on it's own. Again, the magic of Crate Paper!

Here is the sketch I went with:

And here is the card I created:


I used the "Celebrate" portion of the "Celebrate the Season" sentiment from Think Big Favourites #10, and the "today and always" portion of the "Celebrate Today and Always" sentiment from the Mat Stack 2 Collection to create my sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry there was no Festive Friday post this week, but it's been pretty busy this week and I just didn't manage to create anything. I'm really hoping to get right back on track next week!

Also - I had a question regarding the camera I use to take my photos, though there was no contact information, so I will give you the information here...

I use a Nikon D3100, and I have yet to take a course to learn how to use it properly! I will be hopefully doing that this spring, but in the meantime, I generally take my photos on the Auto/No Flash setting (unless I am trying to learn things on my own). I set my cards next to a great big window that lets lots of natural light in, so there is no lightbox or fancy bulbs or anything involved. Once I download my photos, I use The Gimp (free, downloadable version of Photoshop) to brighten and add more contrast to my photos. Sometimes, if I feel it's necessary, I will adjust my colour levels, since sometimes the daylight is cooler, giving a blue hue to my photos. I hope that helps!

Pin It

3 comments:

Maureen said...

just beautiful :) Those papers are delightful :)

Elena said...

Cheers to getting the mojo flowing! Love the pp! I take my pictures like you do, but you get in so close - do you the lens that came with the camera, or a special lens?

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Pretty card! Love the shabby feel of it and your take on the sketch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...