Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Spring Flowers...

***This is my second post today! Please scroll up to see my One Set Wednesday post!***

Hey guys!! It's the 25th, which means today is the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!!

I loved the theme for this month's Hop: Pick a favourite project that you created in 2011 and share it. As a challenge, create a new project based on your favourite. The hard part was picking a favourite project!


So here's how I went about it. Instead of creating a card that was a re-make of something I'd already created, I chose a card I created using a photo that Melissa Phillips posted for inspiration. She recently posted a couple of new photos that I knew I wanted to use. So I guess I followed the process more than the card itself. I created a card using one of the latest photos, incorporating some of the colours from my original project.

Are you still with me?

So first, here is the card I created last year:


For this card, I used Waltzingmouse Stamps, so that was another reason I chose it - because I could do something using completely different stamps!

Here is the photo that Melissa recently posted, from here.


I could make about 15 cards based on this photo, but I did manage to stop at one! I chose to draw my inspiration from the beautiful vintage hankie on the hanger.


I stamped a pattern reminiscent of the embroidery using images from Botanical Silhouettes and Beautiful Blooms II. You can see the red, white and turquoise from the original card. Here's a close up of the pattern:


Clear as mud?

I'll let you be on your way since I know you'll have a lot of stops on your Hop today. Thanks for visiting me!

Pin It

26 comments:

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Meredith, as fresh a s a daisy! Love the stamped floral pattern, and the inks are beautiful, are they PTI too? I haven't managed to join in with a blog hop with PTI yet, I'm such a newbie lol! Will try next month! Have a great day xx

Luanne said...

So pretty! I love the stamped background, and how you didn't stamp all the way up to the top. Love it!

rebecca said...

So pretty and such lovely colors! Love the shabby touch too.

Elena said...

Gorgeous!

Brandy Faulkner said...

Perfect for spring. I like the distressing.

Scrappin4kim said...

Ahhhh, love the spring colors, wish we were a BIT CLOSER!! Wonderful card!!!

Amber said...

fabulous stamping my friend! I love the clusters of flowers and leaves! Just Loverly!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card, making me wish for springtime.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty card and LOVE the inspiration photo you used to inspire you.

maryrose said...

Love it! It has such a fresh vintage look!

The Paper Parade said...

What beautiful patterned paper you made with those flowers...like a bouquet! Awesome job with this challenge :)

Maureen said...

these are BOTH totally delicious! Love your distressed edges, bright colours and sweet details :) A woman after my own heart :)

Karen C. said...

You've created a bright and colourful bouquet of flowers. Gorgeous interpretation from your inspiration potos.

Kara said...

so pretty..love the stamping and the colors!!

bjmartin said...

I love the fresh colors with the vintage/distressed look.

Ally said...

Oh, wow! I love your card from last year - it's beautiful! And I love your card today - so gorgeous! I love the way you've 'reproduced' the hankie with so realistically. Awesome stamping, with such vibrant colors, and I love the lace at the bottom and the button and twine. Fantastic card. ;-)

Melissa said...

Hi Meredith!
This card...both of them actually are so fresh and sweet. I love how you used the doily as inspiration and you created something so beautiful! I am inspired by you!
Melissa

Leigh said...

Simply gorgeous, Meredith! I love your stamping!

Kelly S. said...

Gorgeous colors, Meredith! Love the folk art feel to your card, such a sweet way to use those flower images. Must get that set out again SOON!

Lisa said...

Oh I think you've captured the inspiration photo beautifully. What a fresh and springy card ;)

Joyce said...

Both cards are so pretty. I really like the bright spring like feel of the second card.

Kristii said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Your stamping and use of color is absolutely exquisite!!!

Geri said...

These are both so pretty...can't choose a favorite!!

Cassi said...

meredith, i can feel your crafting groove. you've been creating so many gorgeous projects lately. love what you featured for the hop!

Marybeth said...

Soo pretty , love the bright flowers in the second one!

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful! Makes me long for Spring. Love your stamping technique and bold colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...