Sunday, January 15, 2012

Scrapbook Sunday - You're So Lovely...

Hi guys!! How's your weekend going?

First, I need to say a HUGE thank you to all all of you who come here every day. I am constantly stalking my comments, because I just love hearing from you, and I am just so grateful that you take time out to come and see me!

I am also SUPER excited because I am just a handful of followers away until I hit 100! Now, to some people, that's not very many... but to me, it's a milestone. I take each and every new follower as a huge compliment, and I strive to meet your expectations of me, knowing that you liked something you saw enough to hit that "follow" button over there. When I hit the 100 mark, I am doing a giveaway... in fact, how about a little sneak peek?


All I will tell you is that I put together some of my very favourite things, just to share with one of you!

Now, onto today's layout.


You might recall that the reason I set this challenge is because I am *so* far behind in Josie's scrapbook, so this is another layout devoted to her. I have been spending a lot of time devouring Rahel Menig's blog (swissgirlDesigns), and she does some really fun things on her layouts that I incorporated here.


Oh, I love that face. She had such a cold when I took this picture. She is almost 10 months old here - nearly a year ago.

One of the things that I picked up from Rahel is how she layers behind her photos... and let me tell you, pictures do not do it justice! This looks so cool in real life.

Here is something really fun that Rahel has a tutorial for; glitter splatters!


How cool is that?! So easy, too... just water down glue, and splatter your page before dumping glitter on there. Rahel has a video on her blog, so you can see how she splatters all kinds of mediums.

It is on my list to stop hoarding beloved goodies. And recently, I picked up some more Emma's Shoppe (Crate Paper) that was on clearance for a steal, so I feel no guilt about piling these goodies on this layout!


Here is where the journalling is; I embossed a glassine bag, and slid an index card in it, after attaching a floral tab (I *love* having the tab dies from PTI!). I then just tucked it behind my photo!


Here is the card pulled out:


It is such a joy to be scrapping... I miss it when it's been too long, and I love to get caught up in it while I am putting a page together. And now that I have a couple of layouts under my belt for the year, I have all kinds of ideas for future ones... the creativity and inspiration are definitely flowing!

Thanks so much for looking, and enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends!

Pin It

4 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Meridith I love this layouts and I really like your colourQ as well. Blogger wouldn't let me comment on your colourQ I have been having trouble with it this weekend.

Geri said...

Absolutely LOVE this Meredith!! Love the "randomness" of it. You have some really pretty and unique details on this too! Wonderful!

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely - this is so pretty and a wonderful way to keep the memories!

Pauline said...

Gosh, you've been a busy girl! Gorgeous layoput, and I love your inscription!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...