Sunday, January 8, 2012

Scrapbook Sunday - My Ladybug...

Hey everyone! How is your weekend going? Today is Shirley's birthday, so we'll be celebrating by taking her for dinner (Emma chose the restaurant) and ice cream cones from the Marble Slab (which I believe is the same as the Cold Stone Creamery for the U.S.). Oh, and Emma made her a card and bought her the cutest birthday present, so I can't wait to see her give those to her grandma.

Today is my first Scrapbook Sunday post... I decided to start this weekly post to push myself to catch up on layouts. I love scrapbooking, but I always create cards first. So I am way behind on layouts - WAY behind. I knew if I committed to a weekly post, that would change.


Since she was born, Josie has been my Josie-bug - my ladybug. For her first birthday we (which means me) planned a ladybug party, and I made her this adorable outfit to wear.

I chose this photo to scrap because Just Add Ink's challenge was to scrap with the theme First or One... so it was the push I needed to work on this page.


Who doesn't love a baby in a tutu? Sorry for the blurry photo - I guess I reduced it too much. Noted for next week!

Here is a close up of the cute quote - I found something online and reworked it to suit my page.


I tried to add a few ladybugs here and there to carry the theme.


I hope that as the year goes my skills improve. Layouts take me awhile to put together, and I feel like they could use a lot of refining when I am done with them. So I hope that by pushing myself to complete at least one a week that by the end of the year I am a lot more confident doing them.

Anyway... that's it from me today - thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Pin It

15 comments:

Heather Jensen said...

Happy Birthday to Josie. Her little tutu is darling. We do have Cold Stone here, and they are pretty expensive, but very good.
Your LO is amazing. You did a fabulous job with all the pretty girly details. ;)
Hugs~

The Paper Parade said...

So much detail! Its gorgeous :) I love that you have another theme day to challenge yourself. This year is going to be a great one for your creativity! I've been to Marble Slab and Cold Stone Creamery, and both are fabulous :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful page and layout. Cute little tutu for your darling little girl too. Have a very happy New Year!

Leigh said...

I love the idea of a scrapbook Sunday (that's my favourite way to spend my Sundays! ;) )
Your layout is both adorable and beautiful at the same time! I love it!

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely layout. Love the medallion with the #1. You have an adorable little girl.

Deb said...

This is fabulous!!! I love the theme you planned for the party and how you carried it throughout the lo!

Deborah Frings said...

Great photo, lovely layout and wonderful colours! It's super.

June K said...

Very nice layout. You really captured how you feel about your ladybug. It's great you are setting aside time for your scrapping.

BTW "For her first birthday we (which means me) planned a ladybug party" made me laugh. I know the feeling about "we" are planning something....

Ruthy said...

Gorgeous colour combo, looks lovely and thanks for joining in at our first JAI scrapbook challenge - :-)

Debi said...

Wow Gorgeous page meredith, Debi x

Patrice said...

This is one adorable page Meredith. I love ladybugs and your little bug is simply gorgeous. Love the colours you've chosen too!

Good luck with your weekly layouts!

delysc said...

What a gorgeous LO of your little Ladybug! Thanks so much for playing along with our first Challenge Meredith!

Karen said...

Fantastic photo and a great layout to showcase it...

Christine Blain said...

Meredith, this is a really beautiful layout. I just LOVE all that red! It is a stunning page, and a gorgeous way to capture that cute, cute photo.

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful layout! Love the way you've staggered the letter stickers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...