Saturday, January 21, 2012

Scrapbook Sunday - Her New Love... (and a WINNER!)

Hey guys!! It's Sunday, which means it's time for me to share a new layout with you. I have been showing you so many layouts using photos of my youngest daughter, I thought I would switch things up a bit this week.


So I did one with an older photo of my oldest daughter! *wink*

Okay, I had 2 other ideas that I wanted to scrap for this week, but for one of them I couldn't find the right photo, and for the second one... well, the mojo just wasn't working for me with that one!

This week, I joined in the monthly challenge at My Mind's Eye, which was to use this sketch:


And scrap using the theme "New".

That's where I was drawn to use the photo I went with...


My brother (he's a *great* photographer) took this photo when he visited Canada from Scotland just after Emma's first birthday. This was the first time they met each other, and they were quite smitten from the start.

Hence the title:


I mixed papers from the Stella & Rose: Gertie collection, and added a die cut I had from the So Sofie collection.

I added in a little pocket to hide my tag which is where the journalling is:


I did this one in a 8.5 x 11 size, which was a change for me, but I really liked it! I think I am going to gift this to my brother when he comes to visit this spring... we'll see!

And now the reason you're really here... it's time to pick a winner for my Card Kit Giveaway!!

Using the Random Number Generator, I picked a winner from the comments left on my Giveaway post. The random winner is...

#1 - CHRIS!!

Congratulations Chris!! You've won the Card Kit that I featured in my Giveaway post! Please send me an email with your mailing address and I'll get the kit in the mail to you!

Thanks again to all of you for following my blog, and leaving me your sweet comments. You really do make my day every day, and I just love sharing with you all!


Pin It

3 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I can see why you like that photo - it's just lovely, and your brother is a very good photographer. It's a super layout.

Ruth S said...

Fab layout - works great in the non-12x12 format too!
Rx

Penny said...

Hi I just wanted to let you know that the MME site says: "Please include your first and LAST name." I am not affiliated with their site, but I didn't want you to miss out on a technicality. I had to go back and change mine also. Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...