Wednesday, January 18, 2012

One Set Wednesday - Spring Baskets

***This is my second post today! For my Card Patterns post, please scroll up!!***

It's time for another One Set Wednesday post! If you haven't heard, I have started this new weekly series of posts called One Set Wednesday, to force myself to give my stamps the love the deserve. Here are the details:

- I have numbered all of my stamp sets, and using the random number generator, assigned sets for the next few weeks - so no favouring on my part, and no chance of just picking the easy ones!

- I have excluded all sentiment sets, except for holiday ones - my sentiment sets see a *lot* of ink, and truly - they are too limiting.

- Using only the chosen set, I will create 3 all-occasion cards each week, and try my best to create one holiday card. The only exception to this rule will be when I need to do something that the day's set just can't do; creating frames around a die cut, for instance, or adding sentiments to a set that doesn't include any.

Today I am featuring another Waltzingmouse Stamps set, called Spring Baskets.


I have to confess... the day I sat down to create these cards my mojo forgot to follow me to my desk... 

First up is a card that I created using the floral image included in the set, which I always have fun colouring. I made a simple Mother's Day card with it, something that will be easy to mail.


I have *such* a weakness for ledger paper... it speaks to my office supply lovin' heart *wink*

I did my best to match the markers I have to the PTI trios listed for the papers I was using... I think it turned out okay, don't you?

Next, I nice, spring-inspired card, showing a simpler way of colouring some of the images included in the set - something that Shirley appreciates (simpler colouring techniques, I mean), so I thought a couple of you might as well!


I am not sure the idea I had in mind translated so well, but I still like the outcome. Because I used a paper with a simpler graphic flower, I wanted to emulate the same feel in my daffodils.

Next up is a card that I didn't colour at all... showing yet another way to use the images.


If you look closely, you can see that I stamped the background paper with the floral image to create a pattern. The sorbet coloured paper has a shimmer to it, so it was hard to photograph. I don't *love* this card, but I don't mind it either... *wink*

And of course, part of the challenge is to try and create a holiday card with the set. I have to say, this one is my favourite of the bunch. And I didn't even have to use another set to convince it that it was a Christmas card!


What do you think? Did I pull it off?

So that was my day with Spring Baskets. I always enjoy working with this one, since the images are fun to colour and as usual, Claire included so many fun little elements - I really hardly put a dent in the set, truth be told!

So many of you seem excited by this project of mine, and I love that I've inspired you! Don't forget that if you take on the challenge I want to see, so make sure you link me up in the comments of this post!


And don't forget, you have until Saturday (the 21st) to enter my giveaway... You can get the details here!

Pin It

7 comments:

Leah said...

Another success, I'd say :) I really love the first card and the Christmas one is so sweet! Okay, I am going to HAVE to play along with this...too many stamps not seeing ink:)

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

This is a great idea. I don't use my stamps enough. I guess I'm a diecut and embellishment creator. But I need to step out of that box. Thanks for the great fun. Your cards are all great, and I need to make more that are MAILABLE...

Annheidel said...

I really like the first card with the strips of patterned paper against the orange and your Christmas card with this set is so clever!

The Paper Parade said...

I'm loving this set! And I'm impressed by how many totally different cards you were able to make with it in one sitting!

Deborah Frings said...

Great cards - I particularly like the holiday card! Love the colour and sentiment. This is a really good challenge you've set yourself.

Pauline said...

Meredith, these are outstanding in their creativity! I adore the last Xmas made using spring basket, ingenious! Love them all xx

Ruth S said...

Great ideas - I love all the different styles from the one set, and your festive card wowed me ;)
Rx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...