Tuesday, January 3, 2012

One Set Wednesday - Leaf Prints...

Hi friends! Today is my first post in a new weekly series that I have decided to call One Set Wednesday. This is a challenge I have decided to take on this year in order to give some neglected sets some well deserved love.  I will be posting every Wednesday with a different set being featured each week. Here are the details:

- I have numbered all of my stamp sets, and using the random number generator, assigned sets for the next few weeks - so no favouring on my part, and no chance of just picking the easy ones!

- I have excluded all sentiment sets, except for holiday ones - my sentiment sets see a *lot* of ink, and truly - they are too limiting.

- Using the chosen set, I will create 3 all-occasion cards each week, and try my best to create one holiday card. The only exception to this rule will be when I need to do something that the day's set just can't do; creating frames around a die cut, for instance, or adding sentiments to a set that doesn't include any.

So, on to today's card!

This week the random number generator gave me Leaf Prints, from Papertrey Ink to work with. That was an easy way to start this challenge - I find this set extremely versatile and always enjoy working with it!


First, a card featuring fall colours, as this set lends itself so perfectly to that season.


You can see that I used the matching die and created a leaf to frame my sentiment. So the very first card is bending the rules - I used the Friendship Jar set to include a sentiment, since Leaf Prints doesn't include any. For this card, I used this week's Card Patterns sketch - one I used last week, and really loved! I just sort of flipped things around a little...

Next, I created a card using completely non-typical colours for my leafy background.


Again, I added the frame to my die cut, and the sentiment.

Next, I was trying for simple and masculine. It became very apparent I need to stop resisting the Terra Cotta ribbon from PTI.


I don't love this one, but you can see what I was going for... *wink*

Lastly, a holiday card. Kind of a reach, but I think it worked:


Those berries are actually bells, by the way.... *wink*

So that's what came from working with Leaf Prints. Really, all I had to add were some sentiments, but I was pleased for the most part with how everything turned out. I knew I would like this 'challenge', because I never find this set tough to work with, if I am honest!

So, do you have any sets that haven't seen enough ink? If you give this a try, I'd love to see, so be sure to leave me a comment to let me know!

I'll be back for Festive Friday - the first of 2012! - with some twists! Make sure you come check it out!

Pin It

22 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

A great set of cards - I particularly like the non-typical colours for the leaves - funky! And I think the holiday card works really well! This is a super idea!

Sabrina said...

Beautiful cards, but I llike the Christms one the best. ;)

Tricia said...

Okay I am loving this idea. The cards you made are great. I can't wait to reading along this year and see what you can do.

carol (krillsister) said...

Love your idea. Three cards & a holiday one? Amazing. If I did this I would be lucky to create one card.
Your cards are all lovely. The first one has a great sketch. Love your stitching & background. The holiday card is stunning. Definitely works.

Ruth S said...

Loving all your leafy cards! The festive idea really works too ;)
Now I'm feeling all inspired to get inky.... Rx

Joyce said...

This is a great idea, and I love seeing how you used that set in so many ways. Congratulations on reaching your first goal.

Annheidel said...

I love how you used the leaves to make a holiday card - so clever!

Nadine said...

What a great way to give all your sets some love! These cards will make a lovely addition to your stash!

Lauren said...

I love this idea of numbering your sets and using a random number generator. I need to give this a try when I'm in a slump (which is all too often). Lovely cards!! Great job on the challenge. :)

Lauren said...

I love this idea of numbering your sets and using a random number generator. I need to give this a try when I'm in a slump (which is all too often). Lovely cards!! Great job on the challenge. :)

Sara Mac said...

Great idea! Love all of these. Thanks for sharing this with us.

carefree creations said...

Oh what an awesome idea for getting all your stamps inky - and an idea I may steal!

Your cards are wonderful. I really love the second one - I have a hard time doing anything but fall with leaf sets, but that card is beautiful, and inspiring!

Ted said...

Meredith, what a neat idea and you've beautifully executed this set...just gorgeous! :)

Baseret said...

Awesome idea!! Your cards are beautiful. I love the one with all of the colors!

krismybliss said...

Wow...this is such an ambitious goal and I love what you came up with for your first set of cards. I love the colors you've used!

Donna C. said...

Love this! Great idea.

The Paper Parade said...

I am so impressed that you were able to take this set and make cards other than fall ones! I never would have thought to use the leaves in different colors like you did and especially not for Christmas! But WOW! I just love this idea you have and I look forward to checking out more in the future :)

Pauline said...

These are all stunning Meredith! I love your prple friend creation, I have soft spot for this colour combo, and your leaf prints are gorgeous!

Leigh said...

Okay, first off, what a fabulous and fun way to use your stamp sets! This is great!
I really like the cards you made, too, Meredith and I think my favourite is your Christmas one!

Cathy Weber said...

Meredith, this is a really smart and creative idea, and you are so brave taking a stamp inventory! I love what you did, especially with the first card and the I love the bell berries.

Anna-Karin said...

What a great challenge to give yourself! Love the cards you created. Great take on the Card Patterns sketch!

Marybeth said...

Great idea, I have to say the last leaf card is so stunning ! All of them are beautiful , but ohhh that last one is GORGEOUS! TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...