Friday, January 20, 2012

My Friend...

***This is my second post today! To see my Festive Friday post, please scroll down!***


Hey guys! I am here to share a couple of cards that I made for this week's technique challenge for Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday.


This week the technique was shared by Betsy Veldman, who is a huge inspiration for me... she can do pure magic with stamps and ink, I tell you!! This is called "Ghost Masking" and it is really cool! If you want to see for yourself, click here for the video!

First, I created a card for our friends who just welcomed their twins. You might remember I shared the cards that I made for the babies here.


This is pretty low profile for me, but I kept the recipients in mind - they are more clean and simple.

Next, I created a card for a friend of mine who made a pretty big move recently, both physically, but also personally. I've been thinking lots about her, and wanted her to know she's on my mind.


This time, I switched things up a bit, and took a dimensional approach with the frame and die cut. Here is a close up of the label:


I had so much fun with this one... you might see it again from me!

Have I mentioned yet that I have a Giveaway for you to enter? *wink*

Pin It

8 comments:

Laura B. said...

gorgeous ghost masking!!! love both cards!

Deborah Frings said...

I love that ghost masking technique and it's lovely on the card for the new babies. Both cards are super!

carol (krillsister) said...

Two lovely cards.

Leah said...

So pretty. I need to try this technique out...I love the colors you chose:)

Tracey Steytler said...

I saw Betsy's video. I also just LOVE her stuff. I really like the effect you got by raising the label with some dimensional adhesive on the second card. The floral stamps were also really pretty. Thank you for a lovely card.

Pauline said...

Meredith, this technique was made for you! What gorgeous cards you have made, but...my favourite has to be your raised up shadow stamped label, it's gorgeous! Your friend will surely appreciate your thoughts, and beautiful card.

Wendy ten Hove said...

These are really, really pretty! Especially that first one! Love the stamps and colors you chose for the technique and that button border is awesome!!
Hugs, Wendy

Ruth S said...

They're show-stoppers Meredith! I saw Betsy's video in my feed, but haven't had chance to take a look how the technique works... now I see I really *need* to pay attention! Rx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...