Friday, January 13, 2012

Loving Thoughts of You...


Hey guys, it's the weekend!! I mean, I am sure *you* knew that, but truly.. this week has flown by me.

Today I am sneaking in a card really quick for the December/January sketch challenge at The Craft's Meow blog. I was lucky enough to win one of the December release sets, and it finally arrived the other day for me to play with!


I also used the colour challenge at colourQ this week, though I don't think I really did the colour story justice... take a look:


And here is my take on the two challenges:


I created a bit of a collage style paper background using the largest stamp in the set, then used the other elements from there. To incorporate all the colours, I used Terra Cotta Tile in place of Pumpkin Pie as my card base, and white as the base of my stamped background. I used Pretty in Pink to stamp the typewriter, and a shimmery paper close to Melon Mambo to frame it. I also dyed my seam binding using Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo inks. A strip of pink paper that is close to Pretty in Pink was used along the bottom of the card. Finally, the lace trim is grey, as is my button.

Did you get all that? *wink*

In case you haven't 'liked' my blog on Facebook yet (and you totally could - there's a button on the right side of my blog!), I did share something fun yesterday... I spent the day creating away, including putting together a kit to use as a giveaway. It's the first kit I've put together, and I had a *load* of fun. I also created a couple of projects to give some examples of what the kit could be used for, and just loved how they turned out. I can't wait to share them... and I am only a handful of followers away before I will be doing the giveaway, so hopefully it won't be too long! Who knows, maybe you'll see a sneak or two in the next few days? *wink*

That's all for me today... thanks for checking in! Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

Pin It

12 comments:

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Meredith, love the background you made. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I came by way of Geri's blog..and love your card. Peeped about a bit and enjoyed my visit. Good luck with the challenges. The color challenges are fun, they stretch my imagination!!! Your background is great

Netties Expressions said...

I just found your blog and have started following you. I love your card and layout! What a beautiful job!

Paper and Ribbons said...

So soft and pretty, beautiful

~amy~ said...

WOW....way to rock the challenges...your card is super pretty! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Craft's Meow!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Meredith, this is such a pretty card! It's the first time I've seen someone use that background stamp... so gorgeous!

Thanks so much for playing in our sketch challenge at The Craft's Meow! We hope you'll join us again!

Hugs,
Lisa

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a lovely card Meredith. So soft and vintage looking.

Lacie Root said...

Very nice card, love the sweet style. I think you got it perfect.

LeAnne said...

Well, I think this card is LOVELY and you certainly DID do the colors justice. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing with the CQC this week!

Leigh said...

Very pretty!

Marybeth said...

Congrats ! You card is beautiful!

Pauline said...

Beautiful! i love the collage background, just stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...