Tuesday, January 17, 2012

For My Sweetie-Pie

Hey guys! Sneaking a post in here because I wanted to link this one up for this week's challenge over at The Play Date Cafe!


The suggested colours were Plum, Burgundy and Gold for the colour board this week. Rich jewel tones that I just couldn't resist!


I used this week's sketch from Waltzingmouse, because I had intended on using this card for today's Blog Party... however, the new timing for the link list just does not work for me, so I couldn't officially play along!

To add some of the gold and burgundy, I used some glitter splatters:


And since the theme of the Hop was "Sweet Things", I brought out my Sweethearts set for the sentiment:


I am really bummed I didn't get this linked up for the Blog Hop... but at least I can still play in a couple of other challenges!

Don't forget! I am doing my Giveaway at this post, and there's still lots of time to enter!

Pin It

16 comments:

Charmaine Stack said...

Great card, Meredith. I like that label shape and the fonts on that sentiment. I commiserate with you, a fellow Pacific Standard Time gal. I also got caught in the 8 hour Twilight Zone window. :-)

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Meredith, such a shame you didn't get a chance to join the party. What is your time difference with GMT? Love the gold splatters and those layered hearts.

Deborah Frings said...

Meredith - this is lovely. The colours looks amazing. Really super card.

Robin said...

Really gorgeous card!
Robin

Carla said...

that's great: two challenges and just one card! your card is very nice with those colors. Love fron Holland.

Michele Gross said...

Lovely job with the colors! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Love the colors you used for this and the fun layers. Sometimes the time changes get frustrating, been there done that.
Have fun

Kelly S. said...

What a fab design, Meredith! Love the sparkly accents! Your layered hearts are so unique, and just love the color scheme!

Renee said...

Fabulous card!
Love those glittery "splatters"...
so eye catching!
And the colors are to die for...
love it!

Helen said...

Meredith, this is a fantastic card and I am in love with those gorgeous colours!! Hopefully you can link up to next months WMS blog party instead? Have fun creating x

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a gorgeous design, Meredith! I love the glitter spatters and that label is such a pretty shape!! Great colors, too! I had a tough time with the party this month and Claire is working on getting times sorted so everyone can play along. Us west-coasters need our beauty sleep! :)

Julia Aston said...

Love this Meredith! the gold splatters add a wonderful touch - as well as the purple panel behind the colorful hearts and lovely sentiment! Claire is adjusting the times so people will have time to post next month!!

Jean Martin said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! What a wonderful card! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Kim Duran said...

Meridith, this is so so so pretty! Wow! I love those spatters of glitter. It really makes a special detail. I really love how it looks agains the kraft paper. Glad you could share this with us at WMCS!

Savitri said...

Very pretty! LOVE the splatter of glitters! Just the right colors and touch!

Ruth S said...

Lovely card - you rocked the colours and those glittery touches are fun!
Rx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...