Friday, January 6, 2012

Festive Friday - Around Christmastime..

Happy Friday!! Today is the first Festive Friday of this year... back on track! There are a couple of reasons I love doing these posts. One is that it saves a *lot* of stress when the season hits and I have a slew of cards to send out. Another is that I get to put my holiday sets to use all year long. If you haven't noticed, I sort of *LOVE* Christmas... so for me to get to play with Christmassy things all year is a treat.



I have decided to follow the same idea as my One Post Wednesday series, and use only one set for every Friday's post, also chosen randomly by the generator. This week, I used Around Christmastime from Waltzingmouse Stamps.



I stamped the background of my first card using images from the set, and the medallion is one stamp that I stamped 3 times and cut out to layer up.



A super simple card... I wanted to colour the image and let it take center stage.

Last, I created a non-holiday card - something I am aiming to try every week. I want to get more mileage out of my stamps!!



By the way... seriously into hearts, pink and red these days. I better rustle up some more Valentines or I am going to have an excess of cards at the end of February!

Anyway... the pattern was stamped using images from the set, and I just selectively inked a "for You" stamp to read "You" - obviously the LOVE stamp really dictated the theme of this card, so this wasn't a huge stretch... but fun all the same!

Thanks for visiting!! Anyone else crazy and working on holiday projects again already?

Pin It

5 comments:

Ruth S said...

Fab festive fun Meredith - I love how you managed to get such different styles out of that set. Even the elegant CAS idea!
I'm hoping to try getting my Christmas makes started earlier this year, so being inspired by your Festive Friday posts will be just the thing for me I think! Fingers crossed for some crafty time this weekend!
Have a good weekend yourself, Rx

Angela Fehr said...

These are all lovely, Meredith! Great colours and I can't believe you are creating for Christmas already. (Says the girl who just finished a Christmas layout.)

Deborah Frings said...

One of my favourite WM sets - I particularly like the romantic love card! Really showing the versatility of this set! All your cards are lovely.

Penny said...

Wow beautiful cards! Just looked at many of your other posts, such inspiration thank you!

carol (krillsister) said...

Its never too early to prepare for Christmas. Great set of cards. Love the lace on the Christmas card. The Valentine card is gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...