Friday, January 13, 2012

Festive Friday - All That Glitters...

It's practically the weekend! Tomorrow we are going out for dinner with a few friends before hitting up the local comedy festival. We've seen this comedian a couple of times, and he's worth a few laughs, so it should be fun!

It's time for Festive Friday, and this week I was given the All That Glitters set from Flourishes to work with (by the Random Number Generator)... I got this set for Christmas, so I was happy to ink it up and put my Copics to work!


For my first card, I pulled out my Crate Paper goodies, and used the Peppermint Collection to make this one really cheery.


Next, I wanted to colour up the vintage bird clip-on ornament... I don't know how great a job I did, but I tried!


For my last Christmas card, I hung a little red ball on one of the branches...


And finally, I did my best to create a non-holiday card from this set as well. I don't know if I succeeded completely, but I think it could work as a masculine card, so long as your guy is forgiving about a big satin bow...


Because the Flourishes set doesn't include any sentiments, I used one other holiday set for the sentiments on my Christmas cards (Bells & Boughs from Papertrey Ink), and I used Think Big Favourites #3 for the sentiment in my last card.

Thanks for visiting me today! I had a lot of fun with this set, and have a ton of other ideas for it - I just didn't want to make *too* many cards for one post!

I'll be back on Sunday when I share another layout for my second Scrapbook Sunday post... have a great weekend!

Pin It

2 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Meredith - you are on a roll with your projects. I really like the way you've made so many cards. The non-holiday card works brilliantly. I might not have put on such a big bow :) Great stuff and look forward to seeing more.

Geri said...

Meredith,...you rascal! I can't keep up with you! I came to comment on your previous post and found this new one! Forgot about Festive Fridays!!! I love how these are all so different! Love the bold colors on the first, and love those soft subtle tones on the last...I think it is my favorite, but they're all great! Wonderful work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...