Friday, December 9, 2011

Season's Greetings...

Happy Weekend Friends!!

My weekend is off to the *perfect* start... I found out that three of my projects were accepted to the Paper Crafts special issue, Card Creations, Volume 10!! I worked really hard on this submission, and it is so satisfying to see it paying off!

Today I have 2 projects to share with you... starting with something I put together for this week's Papertrey Ink Make it Monday challenge, which is to create images using glitter and masking. I love this technique, and haven't done it in a *long* time.


I had an idea almost right away about what I wanted to do. This technique is pretty easy, so long as you are patient, and put a lot of thought into the planning process.


I decided to do a poinsettia, so I started with one of my Waltzingmouse stamps (is that cheating?) on a scrap piece of paper in a really light ink, which I then used a pencil to trace out what I wanted to cut (simplifying the image). Then I marked each petal with what colour I wanted to use and laid it over my Scor-Tape covered cardstock (I just used a little painter's tape to keep it in place). The trick now is to just cut out each colour, starting with your darkest, working your way to the lightest.

Here is a close-up:


I used a gel pen to include some veining on the front lightest petals. I wish I had used black glitter as my background, I think it would have helped the bloom show up more!

I also used last week's Card Patterns sketch for my card, but also didn't make the cutoff for linking up. What can I say, this week was a busy one!

I also wanted to share a tag that I created (actually, I made 10 of them) using last week's Waltzingmouse Sketch to use on the gifts we're giving to our neighbours.


If I had only needed one of these, I would have added more detail (those holly leaves are crying out for some stitching!) I am going to tie them onto Kraft gift bags, so they have a bit of a rustic appeal...


I have a couple more projects to share over the next few days, so make sure you come back and visit!! Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

Pin It

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, so glittery and festive, and it has a real kind of 1950s feel to it! Love your sweet bauble tag too, so pretty! There's a tag competition at WMS, you should enter it there! Xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your glitter card, you have much more patience than I do. All cards are lovely.

Geri said...

Those tags will be perfect against the Kraft color! Love your masking and glitter! WOW!! And HOORAY for your submission acceptances!! It is so good to be reminded by a magazine that you're doing something right! And you are!! I'm not at all surprised!! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my card!! I did make the pins...painted and glittered the tiny bells and just glittered the pastel quilting pins...so glad you liked 'em! Have a GREAT week, sweet friend!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...