Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Favourites...

Hi friends!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! We got so spoiled around here, and the girls are trying to get their bearings after all the excitement, now that life is sort of back to normal. Remember how I was so excited to see Emma react to all the Santa surprises? Yeah.... not so much. Completely underwhelmed. As usual. Her 18 month old little sister was more excited about it all! Still, it was so much fun.

Since I am kind of taking a break from crafting while we get ourselves cleaned up and organized (where the heck do all the presents go?), I wanted to take a second to go back and take another look at my favourite projects from the year. A trip down memory lane, if you will.

First, a card for one of my first Festive Friday posts... I loved this one. I copied the idea from Jennifer Holmes, and was so pleased with the results. Don't put it past me to create another version this year!


Oh Josie... how did you get so big, so fast? I love this layout... it's so pretty, and captures the first moments after she was born so perfectly for me. This is the first one I created for her scrapbook - nearly a year after she was born! Gosh... looking at these photos I *miss* that tiny baby... Well, not the weeks (*ahem* months) of sleepless nights, or all the screaming (that even the neighbours could hear)... But is there anything sweeter than the sleeping face of a newborn? Well... maybe those slobbery kisses she gives me now...


Next is a card I created for one of my first Papertrey Ink Blog Hops... I made it with my oldest in mind - since she and cherries are synonymous for me. I loved this one so much, I've hung it on the "Favourites" wall in my craft room.


I adore Melissa Phillips, and earlier in the year she posted a lovely photo and offered it as inspiration to her readers to create a project. So I did! I loved the colour scheme with just a hint of the red and yellow, and the sentiment is one of my favourites because Emma loves to say this to us.


Another layout, this time of Emma... this is from a collection of photos that my brother took of her - he has a real talent, but unlucky for me, he lives in Scotland - so this is the only time we've been able to take advantage of that talent! I just love the mood of this photo - so perfectly Emma. Calm and happy. And it's incredible to think that little face belongs to the big girl we now know!


Next is the first card I made when I finally managed to get my hands on some Crate Paper goodies... once I saw Emma's Shoppe for the first time, it was my mission to have it. And this card made me realize that CP and I belong together - it literally created itself. It was also created for my favourite friend to congratulate her on the birth of her first baby, so I poured my heart into it.


It's not a card, but I just LOVED how these cupcakes came out for our Canada Day celebrations. I mean, dual-toned icing? SO cool...


Oh, you know how I love tags. These were inspired by (copied from?) Michelle Wooderson, whose work I just love. I made them for Emma's Birthday Tea Party, and put them on her gifts. Do you see the cherries stamped on the base layer?


I don't know what it is about this one... I just loved it when I was done. I am guessing it has a lot to do with a tiny clothespin and a little tag...


Another Crate Paper beauty... I just love the colours, the layers, the mix of patterns. When I sit down with CP goodies, I just go into my happy place and the cards make themselves!


Another layout... this is one of my great grandfather holding my dad as a baby. I just loved the old photo, and the way these Stella & Rose papers worked so perfectly with it.


These were some cards I made for my mum, who needed easy to mail cards for the holidays. I let my Copics do the talking, and I was so happy with the simplicity of them. I was also really pleased with how the pink bloom turned out, since I was nervous about taking it on, and really didn't feel confident I could make it realistic.


Have I mentioned my love for Crate Paper? This tiny little album was something I put together for a Crate Blog challenge, and it was the perfect chance to scrap some photos from when Josie was tiny. I love its messy, unruly, layered appearance, and it was a great chance to pile on some of the goodies I was hoarding.


I made this notebook cover for Shirley for Christmas. She *loved* it. I just loved how the Melissa Frances papers made it so easy to make this so pretty. And piling on those flowers was pretty fun too... ;)


I'll finish with a couple of Christmas projects. First.. I made so many tags this year (and yet, still somehow ran out), it's tough to pick a favourite. I'll be keeping them to use again, so I get to enjoy them all over when I pull them out next year. This is one I shamelessly copied from Betsy Veldman... and I love it.


And finally, the mini album I created to capture our Christmas Eve photos... I am happy to say I got the kids to cooperate while I took a hundred photos to make sure I had some that would work to complete this book. And you can really tell they're growing up with a scrapbooking mother - my 3 year old knows how to hold a pose so I can "capture that moment" as though it's spontaneous. What a girl. Oh, did I mention that I made it using Crate Paper goodies? *wink*


So there you have it... the projects that stood out to me this year. I am really excited to get back to work in January, as I have a lot of things to get started with. I'll share more as I get myself organized!

Thank you all so much for your support this past year. You all make my day every time you leave me a sweet comment, and you drive me to keep improving my skills, and do better. You inspire me with your own beautiful projects, and I am so grateful for the friendships I have made through my little blog.

I wish you and your families all the best in 2012! Have a safe and happy New Year!
Photobucket

Pin It

20 comments:

Geri said...

I love your fav's, Meredith! You should be very proud of all your finished products this year!! They are so full of color and character! I LOVE your layouts!! They frame in your girls so sweetly! So, so glad we have had the chance to get to know each other this year! And I'm so looking forward to crafting/blogging along side of you in 2012!!!

Pauline said...

What a wonderful selection of your work Meredith! I do love the layouts you created, they are superb. Hope you have a wonderful New Year, xx

Cherry's Jubilee said...

lovley my fave is the mini album...I have done a few and need to do more. cherry

Eva said...

Oh the first scrapbook layout really caught my eye, the color combo is great and I love the lime green glitter, happy New Year!

Kim said...

oh my...so many wonderful cards and projects, but I have to say that cupcake is my favorite! Just looks so mouth watering yummy.
Happy New Year.

Baseret said...

Wow Meredith, You have gathered some beauties here! I love them all, but your poinsettia cards are gorgeous!
Happy New Year!!

Kara said...

Great projects. Love your pages and those poinsettias.

Joyce said...

Everything is just beautiful. You really did a lot this year.

Kristen :-) said...

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing! What a wonderfully creative year you have had! Happy new Year!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great collection of cards and layouts. the pictures of your children are darling. Loved the icing on that cupcake too.

The Paper Parade said...

Meredith, you sure have a showcase of beautiful work here! It was very hard to choose, but I think I like the cherry card the best. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent!

Kelly S. said...

So lovely, Meredith! Your use of colors and patterns...dreamy! Love the cherry card, it's so sweet. Your notebook and beautiful scrapbook pages show how they were truly made from the heart, that's for sure!

Suzanne said...

Meredith, everything is gorgeous! I love the first card, with the snowflakes, and the last one with the banner. Happy New Year!

Leigh said...

Oh, wow, so much eye-candy! You have such a great style, Meredith-- thanks for sharing these!

Terri said...

They are all great. I especially like your mini albums. Happy New Year!

Cathy Weber said...

I am so drawn to your scrapbook pages although I know you make great cards, keep my eye on you with WM stamps too. I love your first layout and have it pinned for future inspiration.

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

LOVE the poinsettias especially - fantastic job colouring! Happy new year!

BethieJ said...

Meridith I LOVED LOVED all your picks... Each one was just FABULOUS!!
Happy New Year!

Janelle said...

So many great cards, but I'm really attracted to the one with the cherry buttons. Love the colors and the "feel" of it. Makes me wishing for a nice warm summer day. :)

Sandy Kay said...

Everything is beautiful, but I especially like the beautiful baby in the photo!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...