Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Merry & Bright...

My husband sort of lives by the whole "age is just a number" thing... Growing up? Somewhat optional (well, you still have to pay your bills like a grown up, and he thinks Facebook and texting are just ridiculous). Why be bothered by the number of candles on the cake? Just be who you want to be, and don't let your age define you.

He's probably right. And it sure makes for a fun dad - ask my girls.


I always make him a Christmas card... when I was working on it yesterday, I commented to Shirley that it was a little bit funny that I chose to work with the same stamp sets that I used on the kids' cards this year.

When she looked at the card I was working on awhile later she laughed and said "that would make a good kid's card, you should make some of those to sell!"

Perfect. He'll love it.


He loves penguins, so I knew I needed to use one. I wanted to use this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch, so everything else on the card is stamped with WMS stamps. Claire hasn't given us a penguin yet, so I had to do what I had to do... *wink*

So.... are you ready for Christmas? I am so ready, it's almost unnerving. I feel like I *should* have lots to do, but I was so organized this year I have nothing to do. Okay, not nothing... but no panic (yet). How about you, are you all caught up, or struggling to stay ahead? Whichever you are, I hope you're enjoying the season!
Photobucket

Pin It

9 comments:

Kim Duran said...

Oh Meredith...this IS adorable! I love the combination of red with the pretty blue! It sure makes this so fun and really too cute for words. I hope your hubby likes this cute little card. I too can't believe Christmas is almost here. What happened to the time?

Pauline said...

Aww, he is adorable! Maybe Claire will give us a cute animal set (like the Easter one) for Xmas next year! Love the stamped background, and the wonderful stripy ribbon you used, looks fab with the Pom Pom trim!

Dolly Daydreams said...

This is one gorgeous card love your penguin and the lovely background you have created. Fabulous ribbon and pom pom and great use of the twine.

Marie

I'm Renee said...

This is adorable!
Love the the ribbons and those little pom-poms are just perfect!
A super fun, festive take on the challenge...
fabby! :)

Teresa Kline said...

hey girly, this is soooooo cute!!!! I must say I totally agree with your dh and if he really believes what he says he will luv this card! Hope you have a super fabby week!

enjoy *~*

Cathy Weber said...

So cute! Love that little penguin and the coloring on it is really good. Love the little pom pom trim.

Seleise said...

super cute card! I don't comment often but I follow your blog and really enjoy your card creations!

Jean Martin said...

Soooo cute!!!! Oh my goodness!!! So glad you could share it with us at WMSC! :)

Deborah Frings said...

This is just so cute! Love the penguin and the paper you've made with the candy canes and sweets - super!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...