Thursday, December 15, 2011

Turn Your Face to the Sun...

Happy Friday Friends!

Can you believe in only ONE week (plus a day) it's Christmas?! Tonight we took the kids to see the light display at Van Dusen Gardens, which was just beautiful, and *so* festive.

What a perfect time to share non-holiday cards with you, right?


I have two cards to share with you today, both for the Flourishes Noon Time Challenges for this month's release. I love these challenges, and they really test me, because there is not a lot of time to get them done!

The first challenge is called Night & Day, which means we were to use a time of day to inspire the theme of our project. I decided to pick the beautiful warm sunshine of a perfect summer afternoon.


I warned you I was addicted to stamping toile with these stamps. They are just too perfect!

For my sunflower card, I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch and tweaked it a bit to suit my card.


The second one is a colour challenge, inspired by pears, since Flourishes is releasing a beautiful pear set this month. We were challenged to use Deep Rose, Light Green and Tan as our colours.


I apologize for the terrible photos... today was incredibly grey, never mind the fact I was shooting photos near the end of the day. I was lucky to get *any* photos!

I also just wanted to mention that I have started a Facebook Page... I just thought it would be fun to have a place to keep in touch when I have little bits to share, but not enough for a whole blog post. I'd love to see you there, and you can find me by clicking the link on the right side of my blog!

Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

Pin It

3 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Double YUM! What beautiful toile you've created. And I love the pretty ribbon/felt combination on the 2nd card!

Pauline said...

Oh these are gorgeous! Lovely and sunny, and these stamps are just beautiful! I have tracked down a U.K supplier of Flourishes, and I've got a little list for the New Year lol! Have a very Happy Christmas Meredith! xx

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are both FABULOUS, and wonderful takes on the challenges! The Sunflower set is one of my faves, and I love how you've used it on the first card. And great colors on the second one for the Pear challenge! Thanks for joining us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...