Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Happiest of Holidays...

Happy Monday! I have a couple of holiday items to share with you that I created back in the spring for a Paper Crafts call, but they weren't picked up, so I figured it was time to put them to good use here!

First, a card created using non-holiday items, as per the call requirements:


With the traditional Christmas shades being Red and Green and maybe a touch of gold, I chose pink and chartreuse with pale yellow... so lighter, brighter versions of the traditional!


I also created a fun little gift card holder that would allow you to add a tiny little gift with it. In this case, I took a fun pair of holiday earrings off of their store packaging, and made my own.


EASY. All I did was take a small glassine bag (I got these locally, but believe they're similar, if not the same, as the small ones from Papertrey Ink), fold it in half, and stitch up the sides of it, while attaching a small scrap of patterned paper to hold it together. This essentially gives you 2 pockets; one for the card, one of the earrings. I would say you could probably also fit a Ghiradelli chocolate, or something similar in size.

And don't you love the Tiny Tags?

This is super quick to put together, so you still have time to make some to put under the tree this year!
Photobucket

Pin It

1 comment:

Geri said...

I really love the rich warm colors of your card, Meredith! And your little package is so very sweet!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...