Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Celebrate Today...

Hi friends!!

Can I just say that I am actually a little bit sad that we're so close to Christmas already? This year the season has just flown by in the blink of an eye, it seems. I *am* super excited to see the kids on Sunday. They've had a few early gifts, and watching them is just SO fun!!


Today I have a card to share with you for this week's Timeless Tuesday at Flourishes, where we are challenged to try the Telescoping Image technique. I combined it with the this week's Just Us Girls challenge, which is to use the colours Red, Olive and Kraft or White.


I would say these are pretty traditional Christmas colours, only I don't need any more Christmas cards. So I decided to use the rose image, so I could make a beautiful red bouquet.

You can see in this close up how I rotated my dies when creating the telescopic image:


I also used this week's sketch over at Card Patterns for this one. I thought it worked perfectly with the Flourishes challenge!

I'll be back tomorrow to share the last of my Christmas projects for this year. Never fear... I'll be back to my usual Festive Friday posts soon into the New Year!
Photobucket

Pin It

10 comments:

Pauline said...

How gorgeous Meredith, these iamges are so beautiful, and coloured or un-coloured they really are fabulous! I love the rich reds ypou have used here, and the telescope technique works so well with this gorgeous image. I love the stamped backgrouns and the lovely seam binding too. Gorgeous!

Heather Jensen said...

So very pretty Meredith. I love that you turned them to give them the kaleidoscope look. Thanks so much for playing at FTTC. :)
Hugs~

Lynn said...

Meredith, this is absolutely stunning. I love the rose stamped on the kraft paper in the background. So beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Beate said...

Your card looks gorgeous, Meredith! I love the image and the dies you picked. Thanks so much for trying out the technique and participating in the challenge.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Hugs and smiles

dstandard said...

What a gorgeous card! Beautiful images and so well done!

Geri said...

What a gorgeous focal point, Meredith! Really beautiful card! I know what you mean about being a little sad about the fact that Cristmas is so very close. The best part seems to be everyone's spirit of anticipation and when it's over--IT'S OVER! My kids are always counting down every second and I'm trying desparately to slow it all down! (not working!!). Oh well...I guess I'll just have to work extra hard at keeping the Christmas spirit around into the new year. Enjoy!

Elise said...

This IS stun-ning! I'm quite blown away by your extraordinary use of color, layers and wonderful, wonderful talent - WELL DONE! Thanks, soooo much, for sharing your talent with Just Us Girls!

gg nurse said...

Gorgeous flowers! Love the matching bg you made!

Anna-Karin said...

Wow, such a gorgeous card! Love the focal image and the colours are stunning. Great take on the sketch. Happy New Year!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining along with FTTC!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...