Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Shabby Notebook Cover

Well, blogland has lost a dear friend this week. We have all been following the story of Katie Renz, and I was so heartbroken to learn she had lost her battle with stomach cancer. I really hope her husband and family have taken comfort in the fact that she is no longer suffering.

I did get some good news over the last few days - on Saturday my card was picked for Top Mouse over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! Then yesterday I saw that my Bring Back Beautiful card for October was featured as Top 3 over on the Flourishes blog. What a way to make a girl feel good!


I created this little notebook cover as a gift to pop under the tree for my mother in law. She's seen it,but she doesn't know it's hers. I made it super shabby and layered because she loves that.


I used some Melissa Frances 5th Avenue paper - this is just one sheet, can you believe that? I loved the muted tones, but moreso the fact that there were different colours that blended so seamlessly. This easily added lots of interest to my project.

Here is a close up of the flowers and details:


I know she'll ooh and aah and never put it to good use. But I'll make her!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Pin It

1 comment:

Pauline said...

How did I miss this?! What a gorgeous gift for your mother in law, so pretty, delicate and feminine. A wonderful gift.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...