Thursday, November 3, 2011

May You Always Walk in Sunshine and A Merry Christmas to You...

I just want to state for the record that I *love* this time of year. Halloween is over (now, I love Halloween, don't get me wrong), all the stores are fully embracing Christmas. That anticipation in the air before we all really dive in to our holiday preparations. I made a trip to the dollar store for tissue paper this morning and came away with $30 worth of goodies. If you know where to look, there are some scores to be had, I promise you.


I've been puttering away in the craft room, and managed to combine a few challenges for this one. Over at Flourishes for this week's Timeless Tuesday, we were challenged to use the "Out of the Box" technique... I had done it only once before, and tried a sort of ambitious design, but I think it worked...


Here is a close up of my die cut:


I loved this sketch from Inkspirations, because it allowed me to pile on the layers (you know how I like to do that).

I also used the colours over at Embellish, which were a nice break from the holiday themes dominating most of my projects lately! I actually think I might have bent the rules on this one - might be one challenge too many? Oh well, I just liked having a jumping point for my theme!

Now, speaking of holiday themes, I also made something for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge... I was looking for something to use on a project with Emma yesterday, and found this gold chunky glitter and it gave me an idea.


The last couple of years I've seen a lot of vintage postcard inspired ornaments that have a glitter border, and I wanted to achieve that same look.


I don't know if it worked, but I do think it's kind of neat!

I probably have way more holiday cards than I need, now, but I can't stop making them!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sunshine Card:


Paper: Papertrey Ink Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Plum Pudding
Stamps: PTI Luck of the Irish, Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger; Flourishes Year of Flowers 2; Waltzingmouse Text It, Victorian Frippery
Ink: Momento Tuxedo; VersaFine Onyx; Stampin' Up! Old Olive, Whisper White; VersaMagic
Other: Spellbinders Labels 4 Dies, Copic Markers

Pin It

10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So very BEAUTIFUL!!~

Beate said...

Both cards looks wonderful! Love your coloring of the image.
Hugs and smiles

H2 :) said...

Your first card is fantastic Meredith - all the gorgeous distressing & the skewed panels & I think you have achieved the vintage postcard theme on your second perfectly. :)

Heather Jensen said...

So very pretty. I love the colors you used and pretty roses. Thanks for playing at FTTC. :)
Hugs~

Pauline said...

These are gorgeous Meredith!! Love the beautiful floral image and the fabulous colours and layering! Stunning! And I love your WMSC entry, so festive, and I love the glittered edges, I am a sucker for the shiny stuff! Great job on both challenges!

Carla said...

very nice card! and it is a long way till Christmas, so you can make some more. love from Holland

Edna Morrisedie said...

Absolutely worked, love the distressed edge paired with the glitter, great stamping too! Thanks so much for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Kelly S. said...

Beautiful, Meredith! I just love the glitter around the square. Gorgeous stamping...it looks like you attached a postcard to this card base, PERFECT!

Silke Ledlow said...

Meredith, your FTTC card is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE IT!!! Your second card is another fabbo one! Thank you for playing along with us...hugs ~S~

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Beautiful designs! The use of colors are phenomenal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...