Thursday, November 24, 2011

Handmade Holiday Day 6 - Card (PTI November Blog Hop)

Today brings another project for my Handmade Holiday collaboration with Angela. I am multi-tasking with today's post, and also participating in this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!



You didn't think we'd do an entire week of Christmas projects and not include a card, did you? This month's photo inspiration from PTI is stunning, and I knew almost right away what I wanted to do with it... and I knew it would work perfectly for today's post.



Here is the photo that we were challenged to use:


Makes me wish I had actual banisters in my own house... some day, after another renovation project (our place is nearly 40 years old, and was in original condition when we bought 5 years ago. The stairs are still on the to-do list!).

Here is my card:


I am sure we'll be seeing a lot of Bells and Boughs on this hop, but how could I resist? I stuck with a muted colour scheme to really accentuate the boughs and bows at the top of the card.

Here is a close up, showing my embossing:


I thought the woodgrain really added to the rustic appeal.

This is a stamp set that Shirley (my mother in law) loved... admittedly, it isn't one I would have purchased on my own, but after making this card, I can't wait to play with it some more!

That's it from me today... remember if you want to go back to any of my posts from this week-long event, just search "Handmade Holiday" on the right side of my blog. I'll be back again tomorrow to share my last Handmade Holiday project - it's probably my favourite of everything all week, and I am excited to share it with you, so be sure to stop by!

Head on over to see what Angela has created for you!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream
Stamps: PTI Bells & Boughs; Stylish Sentiments: Holiday; Waltzingmouse Stamps Text It
Ink: Stampin' Up! River Rock, Old Olive, Real Red, Crushed Curry
Other: PTI Bells & Boughs die, Mat Stack 4 Die

Pin It

27 comments:

Leigh said...

Oh, wow, Meredith! Wow! This is stunning! I love it!!

Angela Fehr said...

I love this card, Meredith! I think it's neat that we both focused on making our own background paper - and I really NEED that woodgrain folder!

Marge said...

FABULOUS and that wood grain just "makes it" -- I SOOO need it & Bells & Boughs!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Meredith!

Kay said...

I love this- the background stamping, the bows, the diecut window, the stamped garland- everything looks just beautiful together!

Lee said...

What a beautiful card. Great job.

Julie said...

Wow is the word! What a great take on the challenge!Great card.

Joyce said...

What a beautiful card. I love how you used the bells and boughs.

Karen H. said...

Beautiful! I love the swag you created!

Tammy said...

Stunning card! I love the subtle wood grain background. I'm really wishing I had ordered bells & boughs!!

Inkyfingers said...

So pretty Meredith and the embossing is a fabulous touch.

Lisa said...

Goodness me Meredith this is gorgeous! Love your pine swag with the pretty bows and your mat stack cut out to frame your sentiment! WELL DONE ;)

Cammie said...

Beautiful card, Meredith! Love the stamped and impressed mat and that gorgeous swag and bows!

Karen C. said...

Love all the design details... stamping, embossing, die cuts ... all the elements together make a stunng card!!

Sue Lelli said...

Meredith, this is so PRETTY! LOVE the stamping and woodgrain embossing! LOVE the cutout window! FAB card!

Melissa said...

Very pretty! I love the embossing!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a beautiful, beautiful card. Fabulous.

Suzanne Russell said...

Very pretty! I love the garland and ribbon across the top especially in combination with the wood grain background. Just beautiful!

Heather Jensen said...

This is beautiful Meredith. I love the window and pretty die cut bows. :)
Hugs~

Kelly S. said...

Oh gorgeous, Meredith! You captured the inspiration photo perfectly! I love the swag you created at the top and the sentiment framed in that beautiful die cut shape! The poinsettias in the neutral colors are so lovely as a background!

Linda said...

Beautiful card! Love the dimensions you added! Thanks for the inspiration!

Carolyne Aarsen said...

I love what you did with reverse layers on this card.

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVE it!!

Kim said...

So lovely, really great take on the challenge photo, just beautiful.

Cyndie said...

What a lovely card! The banner is wonderful and I love your nontraditional colors for the background poinsettias. And the Mat Stack 4 die frames the sentiment so nicely!

Ruth S said...

Beautiful card Meredith - I love your embossing to add extra depth. Those bows on the garland are just stunning too ;)
Rx

Alyssa S said...

So pretty! I love the design!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...