Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Handmade Holiday Day 3 - Gift

ED: I don't know what happened, but I scheduled my post to go up and it didn't... sorry to be late!!

It's already day 3 of Handmade Holiday with myself and my friend Angela. It's been so fun seeing what Angela has created using the same theme as myself each day. I hope you're enjoying our projects!


I don't have to tell you how much I love Mish Wooderson's style. She always creates these great notepad covers, and I knew I wanted to make some this year to give to some of the people on my list.


I know my Mother in Law (you all know Shirley) makes a list every year of who she is buying for and what she's buying them. So I knew she'd *love* a handmade version. I bet money she tries to never use it, but I'll work on that.


I brought out my Crate Paper Peppermint Collection goodies for this one. Have I mentioned how much I love Crate Paper? *wink*

If you are curious about making your own, you can check out a recent post that Mish did here. Easy, and so impressive!

Here is a close up of the little cluster of Christmas goodies I adhered to the front of my notebook cover.


I won't lie, I was tempted to keep this one for myself, but since I know Shirley already has this sort of system, she's more likely to get good use of it. Plus, I *could* just make another one... *wink*

This was simple to put together, fairly quick, and a great solution if you want to make something handmade as a gift, but don't have a ton of time. These would be easily mass-produced, and they're also a low-cost gift. Perfect even for a stocking stuffer.

Alright, that's it from me today, so now it's time for you to go visit Angela and see what she's put together for her handmade gift. I hope I've shown you that even if you don't have a lot of time, you can still include something handmade under the tree!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: PaperZone Facets (peacock); Crate Paper Peppermint Collection
Stamps: Date Stamp from Staples
Ink: VersaFine Onyx
Other: Crate Paper Peppermint Collection sticker sheets; Girls' Paperie Tinsel & Twig Sticker Market; Making Memories Poinsettia

Pin It

2 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

It's so colourful! Love that. And your clusters are so cute!

Pauline said...

Beautiful note pad, and nice and long too for all those gift lists!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...