Thursday, November 17, 2011

For My Favourite Gingerbread Boy...

Somebody forgot to tell me that it's already November 17th. That means it's time for the Friends of Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz.... and I totally forgot about it.


Lucky for me, I have a card that I just created, and it happens to fit this month's theme: Christmas!!!

How could I possibly not participate in a Christmas Waltz?!

I made this card for my friend's baby boy W, who is my adopted nephew. I love him to bits, and knew right away I wanted to use the "Favourite Gingerbread Boy" stamp on his card.


I actually CASE-d myself and used the same layout and general design of the cards I made for my girls last year - only I like this one better.

Alright, I won't keep you, since you have lots of Waltzing to do... I am so glad I managed to squeak this one in (hardy-har)!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink Ripe Avocado, Stamper's Select White
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Fresh Baked Gingerbread Joy
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! Real Red, Old Olive; VersaFine Crimson
Other: Spellbinders Labels 3

Pin It

20 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh this is just stunning Meredith! I love your colouring, and the embossed WMS patterned background! Beautiful!

BethieJ said...

So CUTE!! I LOVE that gingerbread boy stamp! and your embossed snowflake paper is FABULOUS!
Have a GREAT day! Happy Waltzing!

Debgem said...

Meredith - this is just fabulous. I love the stamped background and embossed detail. Super cute gingerbread boy!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just super adorable!! LOVE the embossed dp and your sweet little gingerbread man.

Lynn Mercurio said...

I'm glad you didn't forget about today, otherwise we would have all missed out on seeing this precious little creation. Love the texture and all the "yummy" images. Great job.

Jacqueline Smith said...

What joyful card, love the gingerbread boy, he is so cute!

I'm Renee said...

I LOVE that stamped/embossed background...
it's gorgeous!
And such an adorable gingerbread boy!
Just a fabulous, festive card...
so glad you didn't forget to waltz! :)

Bumblebee said...

So cute, the background is so lovely being stamped and embossed, and the gingerbread man is seriously cute!

Cathy Weber said...

How funny that you cased yourself! I love the embossing folder you used on this one and the edge distressing. Cute little gingerbread boy too.

Kelly S. said...

LOVE that candy stamped and embossed background, Meredith! That label is so adorable with that sentiment! The big red be-buttoned bow is the perfect finishing touch for this sweet card!

Sharron said...

Fabulous card! The stamped and embossed background looks wonderful. And I love the little gingerbread boy--so adorable!

LaurieJ said...

Such a sweet card! Love the traditional color scheme and the embossed background.

Julia Aston said...

How sweet Meredith! love that gingerbread man and fun circular sentiment - the embossed bg stamping looks lovely!

Joyce said...

Love this card. That gingerbread boy is too sweet.

Cammie said...

So SWEET! Love the stamped and embossed bg for that adorable gingerbread boy/

Super Jen said...

OOh! I love your mat stack, that label looks so different turned on end. I also like the BG paper you made. It looks like one of the fancy handmade papers.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is sooo cute, Meredith! I love your coloring on the little gingerbread boy and your background is perfect! Well done!

Helen said...

Oh wow, love the stamped and textured background and that little gingerbread boy is coloured so beautifully!! Lovely layering of those nestie shapes too x

rudlis said...

Fabulous card!
Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words.

Kim said...

Just too cute...he looks good enough to eat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...