Sunday, November 13, 2011

Find Joy in the Little Things

As usual, I created a card, I managed to fit a couple of challenges into it, and... I forgot to link it up in time to said challenges. Such a struggle for me to keep so organized *wink*


Oh well... I make things for the sake of making things, more than I do to win stuff. Challenges are there to spur creative energy more than anything else, right? As it is, I created this card with last week's Card Patterns sketch, and with the Snowy challenge at Flourishes.


Don't you love to see crocuses poking through the snow? A promising sign of life, warmth and spring just around the corner after the cold days of winter.

Okay, so rarely is there still snow on the ground around here when the crocuses poke through, but still...

So that was my inspiration for this card.

I also thought the "Find Joy..." sentiment was fitting... crocuses are one of those little things that can really brighten one's day.

Close up of the colouring and 'snow':


The Copic video is in the works... So many of you seem so excited about it, I am blown away. I have started working on my examples, Josie has personalized some of those for you (haha), and I have figured out the tripod. I hope to put everything together this week for you.

Next week is going to be a fun one around here, full of holiday goodness. Stay tuned for more details!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink Royal Velvet, Ripe Avocado, White
Stamps: Flourishes Year of Flowers 1, Cherries and Peaches
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! Old Olive
Other: PTI Mat Stack 4

Pin It

2 comments:

Geri said...

This is so sweet, Meredith! Yes--crocuses and snow are rare, but that's what makes them so special! Love your 'snow' and your colors! I've been having issues with comments appearing to go through, but not being there later. (but not all comments) I didn't realize it til early last week and it was weird that I even discovered it, but when I did, I got out the iPad (which I thought I could trust!!!) to do a catch up comment and explain why you hadn't heard from me. About 3/4ths of the way through--it froze!! It NEVER does that! But I was so frustrated and had so, so little time last week--I couldn't even bring myself to try again!! Now I have a LOT of catching up to do!! Hope you'll forgive me! I am still here and still enjoying every post!!

euna said...

What a gorgeous card Meredith! Never would have thought how well Ripe Avocado and Royal Velvet would go together! Fab card! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...