Saturday, October 1, 2011

You're So Sweet... Happy World Card Making Day!

Happy weekend! Today is a special day for card crafters everywhere... it's a day totally dedicated to our craft!



I didn't get a chance to play along last year, so I am really excited to be posting a couple of cards today in honour of World Card Making Day.


So, I told you awhile back that I've challenged myself to pick one stamp set off the shelf every day and ink only that one up for whatever I create that day. I pulled out Piece of Cake, which I like the theory of...


(Now *that* is an awful photo... sorry about that)

So this one took awhile to come together for me. I started with stamping the background using different elements from the set, and that part was easy. It was laying the rest out that just did not come easy!

Here is a close up of the background:


The one thing I definitely love about this set is how many elements are separate stamps, making it really easy to customize everything.

I managed 3 cards before the day was out, and if I am honest, they were tough to finish.


This one I created using last week's colours and painting challenge from Embellish. I am too late to link it up (what's new?), but I did create the sentiment tag using the same set:


Hard to see, but I also stamped some of the flowers lightly behind the "Celebrate".



The next one I made using a technique from Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday from almost 2 weeks ago... Frosted Images... I used the cake to highlight the technique:


This one I really wasn't too happy with. I liked the cake image on the button card, but I sort of felt like it fell apart after that...


Another bad photo... again, sorry... trying to get these shot before supper hit the table; not to mention the 16 month old trying to eat them FOR supper...

I also stamped a bit of a background using the frame image again:


So, all in all, I am not entirely convinced about this set. I struggled with these cards - I think because this isn't something that easily lends itself to my usual shabby style. For me, anyway!

Thanks for visiting my little blog today! I hope you like what you see, and I hope you can forgive some pretty bad photos...!
Photobucket
PS - time crunch... if you're looking for any of these supplies, pop me an email and I'll try to help you out!

Pin It

3 comments:

Charmaine Stack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charmaine Stack said...

Let me try that again! HAPPY WCM Day, Meredith. It is just after midnight and I am inspired by you to go and play, but will wait until dawn to start some serious card making to honour this special day! Hope you get time to play, too.

Angela Fehr said...

Isn't it funny how they sometimes come together so HARD? I think all the cards are a success, even if you aren't thrilled with them. Love the first one - you rock at patterned paper making - and the paint streaks on the 2nd - I need to paint more on my cards!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...