Thursday, October 6, 2011

Trick or Treat...

Whew, I am in by the skin of me teeth on this one!

I haven't managed to play with the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge for awhile, because it's always Friday before I even realize we've passed Tuesday.


But this week's sketch was a tag. How can I resist? I am kind of addicted to making tags lately. They're so fun to pile things on to.

So I found some cute little orange buckets in the dollar bin at Target a few months ago, and decided that I would use them to make little goodies for my 3 favourite wee ones... 2 of my own, and my adopted nephew - my favourite friend's baby.


I found some black tags that I bought at IKEA about 8 years ago - before I was ever addicted to paper crafting - and knew they'd be perfect. I also covered my stamped image in coarse white glitter to give it a vintage appeal. I love this effect.

I still have to add some twine through the hole at the top, but I wanted to get them photographed and post them, before it's time to put the kids to bed.

See the adorable little bat pin? Totally baby-friendly, right?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Tags, IKEA; Cream from stash
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Halloween Party
Ink: Papertrey Ink Terra Cotta; Colourbox Chalk in Chestnut; VersaFine Onyx
Other: PTI Mat Stack 4 die, terra cotta vintage button; bat pin from Making Memories; Martha Stewart Coarse White Glitter

Pin It

10 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, i luv the vintage glitter feel...perfect...hope you have a super weekend!

enjoy *~*

Kelly S. said...

Oh LOVE those pumpkins all covered with sparkle, Meredith! So beautiful with the white glitter..and that sparkly clothespin to match, eek! The pins are the perfect little additions, tooooo!

Angela Fehr said...

Cute! I love the bat pin and I will have to try that glitter technique.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Gorgeous use of colour and shine, just fabby! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Pauline said...

Oooh, love the sparkle here Meredith, fabulous tag!

Debgem said...

Oh - just fantastic! I do like the row of sweet pumpkins and the frosting is just super!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is brilliant, Meredith! Where did you find that lovely glitter? I must get some! :)

Helen said...

Wow Meredith - this is FANTASTIC. i love the glittered effect!! Cute little pumpkins - always enjoy looking at your posts and love to visit!!

Jean Martin said...

Beautiful glittery goodness! So beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at WMSC! :)

Ruth S said...

Cuteness! The glitter is so perfect too ;)
Rx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...