Monday, October 17, 2011

Thanking You... Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz...

Happy Monday!

I know most people hate Mondays (I don't love them, but my work is being a mum, so it's not the same downer for me), but today is the Friends of Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz, so that will help soften the blow, right?


The theme this month is Fall/Thanksgiving. Here in Canada, we've already celebrated Thanksgiving, so I didn't really feel like making something with that theme... So I chose to concentrate on fall colours, and even threw in a sparkly jack-o-lantern... I figure they don't have to be specific to halloween, if they're not too scary, right? I also stuck a little pumpkin pin into my bow, which you can see in the photo above.


I am experimenting with photo set ups, but I am not sure I like this one. Hmm...

Anyway... so I stamped the plaid from Off Beat Backgrounds... Shirley (my MIL) is always too impressed when I do this, and I keep telling her that Claire's stamps make sure you get it perfect every time, but she doesn't believe me...

I did use "Thanking You" so I guess there is a theme of gratitude here...


I won't keep you... lots of stops on your dance!! Thanks for looking!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink Terra Cotta Tile, Vintage Cream
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Off Beat Backgrounds, Cameo To Go
Ink: Stampin' Up Crushed Curry; PTI Terra Cotta Tile; Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Dye
Other: PTI Journalling Tabs die, Terra Cotta Vintage Button; Martha Stewart Seam Binding; Maya Road tiny ticket; Making Memories Pumpkin Pin; Glitter pumpkin from Wal Mart confetti

Pin It

23 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh Meredith, this plaid is after my heart, I LOVE it! Absolutely beautiful with the shabby bow and sparkly pumpkin! Happy Waltzing!

Kary said...

Wonderful background & great layout!! Love it!!

Craftilicious said...

I love your glittery pumpkin - so cute!

Helen said...

Aww, this is so cute - I love your sparkly pumpkin and those pretty pins - actually I think I like everything about this card - the plaid looks AMAZING as your background x

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely plaid bg and wonderful glittery pumpkin!

Kelly S. said...

Holy COW, Meredith, that plaid background looks EXACTLY like patterned paper! Please sell some, I'll take 7 sheets, heeee! The sparkly pumpkin nestled in those beautiful ribbons made me smile. Such a sweet thank you note for fall, I love it!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a cute card Meredith! The plaid stamped background looks fab and love the glittery pumpkin!

I'm Renee said...

Aaawww!!!
That plaid background is awesome!
And not to take anything from you...
but I totally agree with you about the stamp...
Claire is a creative genius and makes it so easy for us to look so good...
but that stamp is AWESOME!!
All of them are :)
And this card is fabulous...
love the pumpkin...
lace and ribbon...
the pin!

Inkyfingers said...

This is so pretty Meredith and your background is amazing. I share your frustration with photographing your cards. The light is so poor even in daylight at this time of year that its hard to get a good shot. Do share any tips you get from your experimenting!
Hugs
Carol x

Angela Fehr said...

That plaid isn't patterned paper? Amazing! Beautiful card, Meredith.

Debgem said...

Meredith - the plaid is just lovely - I do like the colours you've used. The sparkly pumpkin looks fabulous with that lovely bow and pins!

Heather Jensen said...

So cute Meredith. I love the glitter pumpkin and piece of lace trim. :)

Bumblebee said...

I love the plaid background, its so lovely (and I know its very time consuming to do this well, I have that set too!). Beautiful colour choices!

Cathy Weber said...

I absolutely love your plaid background, you combined the colors so perfectly to create a Fall theme. That glittery pumpkin and those pins were such a good embellishment to add. Great job,I liked it and also the photo set up!

Jeanne J said...

Great job on that plaid background - looks FLAWLESS! Love the colors and that cute sparkly pumpkin!

Karen M said...

Lovely, Meredith. A very professional looking card! Love it x

snowbear said...

Love the addition of the sparkling pumpkin.

Sharron said...

LOVE the plaid--the colors look awesome! The bow and glittery pumpkins are fabulous with all the other added elements--really great card!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! So many fun elements on this card. You can't help but smile at that jack o lantern. Great card.

Pat

Karen H. said...

Beautiful card. I love your colors - and the plaid! That pumpkin is adorable!

Kathi said...

Hi,
I love this card, love the stamped background and the glittery pumpkin. This looks just perfect!! ;-)
XX Kathi

Teresa Kline said...

super cute!

enjoy *~*

LaurieJ said...

Beautiful with a capital B! Your card is so warm and cheery. The plaid is fab. You really must get your MIL to try it - she has a wonderful tutor to help her out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...