Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Peace and Joy...

Hi guys!

Is it just me, or was it not summer just last week? And now all of a sudden we're closing right in on Halloween, and the stores are slowly making room for and putting out their Christmas goodies. I *love* it.


My mum asked me to make her some Christmas cards, but there is a slight catch... she needed them to be one layer. She only has use of one hand, so she can't fuss with envelopes the way most of us can.

If you visit here even semi-regularly, you know that I don't really *do* the one layer thing. I like lace and ribbon and bows and lots of fuss.

This. was. a. challenge.


But we all need that here and there, right?

The one time I find it easy to make something clean and simple is when I break out the Copics. I love to colour these poinsettias from Waltzingmouse.

I did them a bit differently than I have in the past, and I even braved a pink one...


I think I like the pink one best!


I am loving the new Stylish Sentiments: Holiday from Papertrey Ink... the scale is awesome, and the font combos are gorgeous!


Okay, not sure what the heck happened with the camera angle on that one...

Here are close ups of the colouring on them:



Alright, that's it from me today... I have lots more to share in the next while, so stay tuned!

Thanks for visiting!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Big Blooms: Poinsettias; PTI Stylish Sentiments: Holiday
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black; VersaFine Onyx

Pin It

4 comments:

Debgem said...

These are just gorgeous - both are beautifully coloured and I can't pick a favourite - just lovely!

Angela Fehr said...

Beautiful, Meredith! Love the white space and the way the sentiment fills the bottom. And your colouring is gorgeous.

Pauline said...

These are beautiful! Love the CAS design, and your colouring is fabulous! Gorgeous!

Ruth S said...

Absolutely beautiful! For someone who says one-layer is not their forte, well, you surely hit the nail on the head with these ;)
I'm sure your mum will be thrilled to send them, Rx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...