Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Feel Lucky in Love...

So well after St. Patrick's Day, I ordered Papertrey Ink's Luck of the Irish. It is the cutest little set for $5, and it has tons of possibilities past the month of March...


Particularly the stamp I used on today's card. I decided to make a card to tuck away somewhere for when I want to give my hubby a little sweet something for no good reason.


Masculine cards are *not* my thing. Seriously. I always feel like they're lacking, since I can't pile on the lace and the bling, ribbon and trinkets. I did add a touch of lace here, but since my hubs knows what my cards usually look like, he knows this is my best attempt at being all man-like and stuff...

I used this month's sketch over at My Mind's Eye for this one, and also used last week's colours over at The Play Date Cafe. As usual, I didn't post it in time to link up fort PDCC... you would think by now I'd have the hang of things, but...

Anyway... it's another one for the stash, right? *wink*
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink Terra Cotta Tiles; My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose
Stamps: MME Stella & Rose doilies; My Favorite Things Just the Ticket; PTI Luck of the Irish
Ink: VersaFine Onyx (stamped off); Stampin' Up! Pacific Point
Other: MME Stella & Rose Stickers; MFT Ticket Die

Pin It

4 comments:

Debgem said...

Great colours, lovely layout aand the details are super - the bottons, stitching and ribbon! Super!

Ruth S said...

Lovely card - your layering is super. It's a perfect little something for him ;)
Rx

carol (krillsister) said...

I too have a hard time with masculine cards. It's the effort that counts. Those colors are great & very masculine.

Pauline said...

This is so fab, what wonderful stamping! Love that you have made a card for your hubby just because..! I find masculine cards very tricky, but you have done a great job here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...