Friday, October 28, 2011

Festive Friday!

So, you know how I am when it comes to "cute".

I just don't do cute. It's not my thing. I've never done cute - at least, not since I was little (and even then, I don't remember loving cutesy). Lots of people go nuts for cutesy, and I totally appreciate why, but it isn't *me*.


But then I had babies. And they are the epitome of cute, am I wrong? So now I see some things that I would normally never give a second glance, and think of how the little ones would love them.


When Papertrey released Tremendous Treats: Christmas in October, I knew I was using it to make my girls' Christmas cards. It's just too cute.

Yep, that's what I said!


So I asked Josie to pick an image... I mean, she's not even 18 months old, so I just sort of pointed at 2 of them, and she landed on one with her adorable chubby finger. Then I asked Emma to pick one and she did the same. Emma picked the snowman, and Josie picked the Santa.


Now... I tried to shab these up a little, but they *are* for the kids, so I kept them simple and graphic.

I also went on a tag making spree - actually, more of a tag CASE-ing spree. Here are some:


Betsy Veldman made something really similar to these during the September Papertrey peeks... Mine are only a little bit different, but I just so loved what she created.


I *love* them. But I take no credit - they are a total rip-off of Betsy's project!

The next one was a quick one I put together with leftovers and extras... the magic is in the die cutting!


I am addicted to the Tag Sale dies... I have them all and can't stop...


Dimensionals add a *lot* to a tag, let me tell you!

Have a good weekend! We're gearing up for Halloween by carving our pumpkins at some point... also have to add some gory details to the spooky-ness out front, in order to scare some trick or treaters on Monday!
Photobucket

Pin It

2 comments:

Geri said...

Everything here looks so nice, Meredith! I loved those little images when I first saw them also, and you know I'm not real cutesy-tootsy either! Your coloring looks fantastic--you have really brought them to life! The tags look great also! I also loved your PTI Bloghop card! The little pumpkin was really sweet--loved the texture--and I loved the colors you used!! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Joan B said...

these are great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...