Monday, October 24, 2011

Absolutely Fabulous... PTI October Blog Hop

Hi friends!

It's the 25th, which means it's time (already!) for the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!


This month was a photo inspiration with a very fall feel to it. 2 things inspired me in the photo: patterned pumpkins, and the mention (in the photo caption) of felt leaves.


First, my card... I have seen these pumpkins everywhere, created using an oval punch. Had to try one out...


To appeal to my shabby self, I ran it through a Cuttlebug folder and dry brushed some white paint on there - plus I used a scallop oval instead of just a plain one.


See how well the Holly Jolly die works to make pumpkin leaves?

Here is the whole card:


I can't get enough of stamping my own backgrounds using Iconic Images. For this card, I used this week's inspiration at Case Study, and chose to follow the basic layout of Niki's card.

Also, I had decided back at the start of September I wanted to create a small wreath using the Leaf Prints dies and various colours of felt. Audrey is so generous in organizing felt shares during release time each month, so in September, I joined in, and ordered some lucious fall colours for my leaves.


Here is the result:


SUPER easy, fairly quick, and lots of leaves left over for future projects. I might save them to use on my Thanksgiving goodies next year (since we celebrated a few weeks ago here in Canada). Here is a close up of the leaves:


Thanks for looking, and enjoy the rest of your hop!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink Kraft, Terra Cotta Tile, Royal Velvet
Stamps: PTI Mega Mixed Messages, Library Card, Iconic Images
Ink: PTI Terra Cotta; VersaMagic Royal Blue; VersaFine Onyx
Other; SU! Scallop Oval punch; Cuttlebug Textile EP; PTI Holly Jolly Die


Felt Colours for wreath: Terra Cotta, Dark Chocolate, Fine Linen, Harvest Gold

Pin It

20 comments:

Joyce said...

You said it all on your card: 'absolutely fabulous' I love the texture on the pumpkins, and all the distressing.

Kay Demonbren said...

Love that wreath, and love that card, especially those delightfully textured pumpkins!

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous but your wreath takes my breath away.

Leigh said...

Beautiful wreath and your card is absolutely fabulous! I love all the texture you included!

Terri said...

They are both great. What a clever idea to use the holly for leaves on the pumpkin.

Debby said...

Oh I love this autumn CASE of Niki's card! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Peggysuez said...

Look at that wreath, wow, what a lot of work, but such a great result!

Cammie said...

Your card is pure shabby elegance and the wreath is so rich!

Crafty Cre8tions said...

Both projects are beautiful!!!!

Great job on the CASE study inspiration too :)

Suzanne said...

Beautiful card and wreath! The card is sooo elegant and I love how you added the blue! Stunning card!

carol (krillsister) said...

Love how you shabbied up those pumpkins. Darling. Love the blue ribbon too! Great wreath.

Marybeth said...

Beautiful card with the stunning blue ribbon. I love your wreath too. I made one in paper last year, imthink I will try it in felt. Looks much better, beautiful.

Karen C. said...

Love the textured pumpkin - it is absolutely fabulous!! Your soft felt wreath looks like a lot of work, but certainly worth the effort. Great job.

Linda said...

Wow! Love your card, the scalloped ovals are perfect! And your wreath is gorgeous!

Kelly S. said...

Beautiful, Meredith! I love the shades of orange and purple you chose, so elegant. The texture on your little oval pumpkin is divine, too! Oh yeah...and that wreath? Amazing!

paperella said...

Meredith, both projects are absolutely fabulous indeed! I love that textured pumpkin and that wreath is gorgeous!!!

Ann said...

Great card Meredith - love that little paper tendril. But the star is your BEAUTIFUL wreath - oh how I love it! I thought of doing the same but haven't gotten round to it. Its fab!

And thanks for your sweet comment on my little treats - a Christmas version is a great idea. We used to get a lot of carol singers at the door in the old days - not very much now but Christmas treats would be perfect for them. Traditionally they got a warm mince pie.

Karen said...

I agree, absolutely fabulous!

Teresa Kline said...

so sweet, I adore the distressed pumpkins...cute wreath too...hope you have a great day!

enjoy *~(*

Audrey Tokach said...

WOW! I love the card and your wreath is beautiful! Great job!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...