Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Thinking of You...

Happy Hump Day!

This week is flying past me... probably because I am wishing tomorrow (my birthday) would please take it's sweet time getting here. Although, I do *love* presents, so that is a consolation... I am really hoping I get a pair of sparkly Toms! *wink*


The other day I mentioned that I am trying to ink up some unloved stamps by only allowing myself a set (or maybe 2, if it's productive!) a day... Today's card features the exclusive set released recently by Papertrey Ink, Iconic Images.


I love the distressed images in this set, and all the little design elements that so easily go together to create endless patterns. And the fact that the jug and it's flowers are all separate stamps makes it super easy to add lots of colour to the focal point.

Here's another look at the background I stamped:


Well... wish me luck. When I go to bed tonight, it's the last of my twenties... *sob*  I know I sound like such a crybaby, and like my hubby pointed out, I will wake up on Friday and feel exactly the same... so I guess just cross your fingers for the Toms?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink Terra Cotta Tile; Bazzil (blue... but I don't know the name); cream from stash
Stamps; Papertrey Ink Iconic Images
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink in Antique Linen; PTI Terra Cotta; Stampin' Up Baja Breeze
Other: PTI Tag Sale #4 die, Ocean Tides ribbon

Pin It

4 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

Okay, let me just set the record straight...turning 30 is wonderful! Finally you get the respect you wanted when you were 20 and full of opinions that no one listened too because you were "just a kid."
The card is beautiful - you rocked the patterned paper stamping and I love the touch of blue added to this gorgeous colour scheme!

Debgem said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday - I remember turning 30!! I turned 51 this year, but still feel about 35 - life gets so much better as you get older. Have a fabulous day and all best wishes for the coming year!!

Oh yes - your card is just gorgeous!! Beautiful colours and really pretty sentiment.

Amber said...

Um...this card is all sorts of fabulous. Seriously! I think I am stealing this idea! LOVE LOVE LOVE! That bow. That pearl. That background. Totally would have never come up with that but I love it!

Ruth S said...

Adorable card! I'll be pinning this one right away for future inspiration ;)
Hope you had a very happy birthday - thirties aren't so bad (in my experience!)
Rx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...