Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tea Party Birthday...

Happy Thursday Friends!

I can't believe it's September already. We kind of got jilted out of a proper summer here, so I am finding it difficult to compute that the kids go back to school on Tuesday, and that fall is pretty much upon us! Oh well... I look forward to lots that fall has to offer.

Meanwhile... I finally had my gallbladder removed on Tuesday, so I am holed up in bed. Perfect time for updating the neglected blog-o. I am doing really well, and actually feel really good. I just can't be on my feet for any real length of time before things start to hurt. Most of today has been Tylenol 3 free, though, so that's a step in the right direction!

I thought I'd share photos from my Emma's third birthday party a couple of weeks ago. I don't know how she's had time to turn three, but the calendar does not lie. I chose a tea party theme, and we held it out behind our townhouse, just past our backyard.


I really wanted to set a proper table, so we decided to rent chairs. Because it was a smaller affair, this was actually quite affordable (less than $60!), and although I had hoped for white, being wedding season, I had to settle for natural wood. But I ended up really liking what they added to my vintage theme.

Here are some shots of the food on the table:

I made finger sandwiches, scones served with clotted cream (okay, I cheated a little and made a pretend one!), lemon curd and home made strawberry jam. I also served strawberries that I sprinkled with just enough sugar to draw out the juices... perfect layered with the curd and cream on a fresh scone.


I couldn't have a party and not decorate cookies! Here is a close-up:


Still honing my skills, but I do love to do this!

Here is the table that hosted the home made iced tea and lemonade:


I spent a number of hours decorating those cupcakes... and in the end I wasn't very happy with them... everyone else told me I was crazy, but they honestly didn't really turn out like I wanted. But here is a close up anyway:


I made some tags for the vintage pitchers, so everyone would know what they were drinking:


I had a friend over the night before, and while she watched me steep tea and make lemon concentrate, she thought I was *crazy*, since most people would just use some form of mix. But I tell you, the results were WELL worth the extra effort, and I plan to make all my iced tea and lemonade from scratch from now on!


These are the favours I made using the lunchbox note die from Papertrey Ink. I just packaged up a tea bag for each guest and decorated the pouches. Perfect for my theme, and easy to mass produce!

I made something a little special for the birthday girl's seat:


Here is her baby sister, who had figured out how to walk about a week before the party:


I *must* put this dress on her about 17 more times before she outgrows it... it was one of my favourites for Emma, and Josie might even look cuter in it!

You might remember that I did a bit of a photo session with Josie before her birthday party... you can see that post here. I did the same thing with Emma a couple of weeks before hers as well... here are some of the shots:


Because what is a tea party without white gloves? And I promise you, I had nothing to do with her sticking her pinky in the air like that!


I love her playing in the forest in her party dress... such a perfect juxtaposition.






I did a vintage effect on that one... I love how it turned out!

 How sweet are these little hands?


We had a wonderful day, and she really did love the theme... so girly and pretty. My husband even commented to me twice how great he thought everything turned out - that's when I *know* it's a success!
Photobucket
  Photobucket
Tags:
Paper: Emma's Shoppe by Crate Paper, various Bazzil scraps
Stamps: Tea for Two and Just the Ticket from PTI
Ink: Melon Mambo and Bordering Blue from Stampin' Up
Other: Jar Labels 2, Just the Ticket and Button Card dies from Papertrey Ink


Favours:
Paper: Bazzil (sorry, I don't know the names!)
Stamps: Tea for Two from Papertrey Ink
Ink: VersaMagic Cement
Other: Lunchbox Note die, Tea for Two die and Limitless Layers 1.75" dies from Papertrey Ink

Pin It

5 comments:

Pauline said...

What a wonderful big garden you have, perfect for a tea party! Your pics are fab, I love Emmas dress and elegant gloves -she's a real little lady! A lovely laid table too!

Hope you're starting to feel better, and rest up xx

Angela Fehr said...

Wow, Meredith! This is beautiful and Emma will have wonderful memories of her third birthday.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What beautiful photos and memories to add to your scrapbooks! You certainly were busy and everything turned out wonderfully. Even the day! Your cookies and cupcakes were so pretty! Love the photo of your daughter in her gloves and the pretty teacup. Such a little lady! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Amber said...

This is absolutely fabulous! I am totally a party planner (in my imagination) and this tea party is executed to perfection! Those little clothespins holding the lemonade label are just so sweet and the table setting is everything that a tea party should be!

LEG Studios said...

Beyond awesome, Meredith! What a precious memory to cherish!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...