Thursday, September 15, 2011

Nothing But Blue Skies...

Hi Friends!

I know it's been quiet around here the last little while... but I have lots and lots to share with you, so hopefully I'll get my photos organized and get a few more posts going in the next little while!

Today I am sharing a card I created for the Flourishes noon-time sketch challenge, going on over on the Flourishes blog.


I got out my Sunflowers set out, chose some autumnal coloured papers, and went to work.


And I love how it turned out! Nice and warm, and muted... kind of simple, but I think there's a lot of interesting elements.

Here is a close up of the tag I stamped with the blooms:


Well, the kids are crying for their dinner, I better go get at it!!
Photobucket
  Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink Ocean Tides; My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose Gertie 6x6
Stamps: Flourishes Sunflowers
Ink: SU! Crushed Curry, Real Red, Pacific Point; Ranger Distress Inks in Tea Dye and Vintage Photo
Other: Mini Ephemera from 7 Gypsies; Vintage Buttons from PTI; Grosgrain in Ocean Tides from PTI

Pin It

8 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

This is beautiful Meredith! You have a lot of elements happening without the card feeling cluttered which is hard to do. That's me being technical but my gut says "I love it!"

Ruth S said...

Gorgeous card Meredith - love your level of detail and the colours are wondrful together. Can't fault a dose of MME, huh?! ;)
Rx

Marcella Hawley said...

This is absolutely adorable. Top notch EVERYTHING! Thanks for playing the Flourishes challenge!

ChristineCreations said...

WOW, I love how creatively you've used this set Meredith! This is a gorgeous sharp design! Thanks so much for playing in the challenge at Flourishes!

stacy aka twinshappy said...

This is awesome. I like the feel to this for fall its perfect. Creative idea with the sunflower too. Thanks for playing in Flourishessketch Challenge.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh, wow! I LOVE this! Beautiful colors, LOVE the subtle sunflowers stamped on the tag! Fabulous use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us for the challenge, and good luck!

Tammy Hershberger said...

P.S. My first visit to your blog, BTW and just have to say I LOVE your blog title!

Geri said...

I LOVE how this turned out, Meredith! Love how the colors work together and love how you "pretty up" your tags and incorporate them into your layouts. That sunflower image looks so nice!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...