Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bloom Where You're Planted...

Hi Friends!

I am a bit late, but I am hopping along with Papertrey Ink today!


I took the opportunity to get ahead with some Christmas gifts, and made my first notepad cover... I hope to make a few of these to pop into a couple of stockings.




This month we used a photo as our inspiration:


I drew on the pattern on the lid of the vintage suitcase, the bouquet of flowers, and the jar of jam (?), and came up with this...


Here are some detail shots for you:





Enjoy the rest of your hop!
Photobucket

Pin It

14 comments:

Laura Isham said...

Love all of the details and how you mixed patterns.

Lisa said...

Wonderful project! Great colors and distressing!

Marge said...

Great project - beautiful outcome!!! I have a few of these to cover myself! Love your blog title too!!!

Ally said...

Beautiful. ;-) I love the vintage feel with all the deep, rich colors, and the patterns are just fantastic. Very nice. ;-)

Rhonda said...

Love the flowers on the little label.

Kay said...

Meredith, this is just beautiful! I those all of the details!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This is great ! I love the pattern you created for the background on the pad.

jen shears said...

OOOH! love this- and yay for being AHEAD of the crazy rush during the holidays!!! ;D

Amy said...

So many fantastic details Meredith! I love these notepads and this would be such a great little gift!

cards by cara said...

What a beautifully crafted giftie!!

Ohhh Snap said...

Gorgeous project! TFS :D

Kara said...

love it..great gift!!

Suzanne Russell said...

Love your take on the inspiration-great idea for Christmas gifts!

The Paper Parade said...

What a wonderful Christmas gift! The recipient is totally going to love it :) I love that you didn't just make a card, and it is so obviously inspired by many elements from the inspiration photo. Awesome job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...