Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Congratulations...

Two days in a row?! I know, right?

I am pretty excited that I not only managed to play along with this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, but that I am also getting it up and posted in time to link up!


This was the first card I had made in a *long* while (this one started the marathon yesterday), so it's pretty simple... but I did a lot of stamping to get myself back in the groove!

I got out my Victorian Frippery and Fancy Phrases sets... 2 that I have had for too long without properly inking them up.


I used one of the frames in Frippery to create my background... that pattern has a name, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it's called! I drew inspiration from this week's colours over at The Play Date Cafe, although I am too late to link up!

I created the little heart yo-yo (am I stealing that name from Mish, or is that really what they're called?), and it was *so* simple... just cut yourself a heart out of whatever fabric you have on hand (not felt - it's too thick), and run a loose stitch along the edge. Once you get back to where you started, just pull on both ends and it will pull itself together on its own. You just have to tie a knot!

Because I am on such a roll, come back tomorrow for... are you ready for it?... A Festive Friday post!! It's been *far* too long since I did one of those...
Photobucket
Photobucket

Pin It

8 comments:

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

Awww...what a sweet little heard-shaped yo-you embellishment. So very creative and how wonderful it looks with these romantic images. Great job.

Debgem said...

This is lovely!!! The frippery set is really gorgeous and I love the soft colours. Fab!

Kelly S. said...

Oooo-weeee is this ever pretty, Meredith! I love the background you made with the frames! The little fabric heart is adorable! Love how you used the Frippery set with this sketch, awesome job!

Pauline said...

This is beautiful! Love the stamped background, and the soft colours, a very beautiful card!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is stunning!! I love your graphic bg with your beautifully embellished medallion!!

cbuswell said...

Love this, especially your yo-yo heart!! thanks for playing along this week at the WMSC!

Debgem said...

Congratulations on being one of the Top Mice this week - well deserved!

Helen L said...

A very lovely card!! I love it!! And yes, they are really called Yo-Yo's :-) You can also do them in circles, and they are often put on quilts with leaves or stems to look like flowers. (Quilting is my other hobby!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...