Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cherry Birthday Book...

Happy Blog Waltz Day!!

I haven't managed to waltz in a couple of months, so I am excited to have something to post for today! If you have no idea what I am talking about, every 17th of the month is the Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz. This month's theme is "Birthday Party", which was a perfect push for me to make a mini album of my oldest's second birthday party - which only happened nearly a year ago! I've had this on the to-do list for a long while!

If you've been here before, you might already know that when it comes to this girl, I am nuts for cherries. So the theme of the party was just that - cherries!


I used Nichole Heady's tutorial for this mini book, and I love how easily it goes together, and looks so impressive. I didn't have nearly the number of photos that she suggests, but so long as you can divide your number into 3, it will work!

This is what the album looks like when you open the cover:


On the left, I used a couple of the cupcake toppers that were left behind after the party.

Here is a view of the dividers:


(Yes, I know I screwed up with the Bind it All... I will fix that, I just wanted to get my photos taken in time for the waltz!)

And here are the photos...


I used the music note on this page, as I thought it was perfect, since this photo was taken while we were singing Happy Birthday to her!


How cute is that girl, blowing out her candle?


I broke out Oven Fresh: Gingerbread Joy for this, and it was *perfect*!


A poor photo, unfortunately... I didn't notice the blur until I uploaded it!


For the last section of the book, I had to switch over to vertical, rather than horizontal...


All of the pages have corresponding journalling on the back of the previous page.

Here is the inside of the back cover:

*I only JUST noticed a grammatical error... yikes!


I am loving this particular design for a mini album and have a few of them planned for some upcoming birthday gifts... they go together *so* easily, and really look so great. I can't wait to put one together with a larger number of photos, because I know it will look even better!

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your waltz!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Early Bird; Recollections; Blue from stash
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Musical Backgrounds, Sweethearts, Oven Fresh: Gingerbread Joy
Ink: Stampin' Up! Real Read, Bashful Blue
Other: Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 4 die, Pure Poppy Vintage Buttons; various SU! Punches; My Mind's Eye Lush chipboard stickers; Girls' Paperie Sticker Markets

Pin It

19 comments:

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Meredith, what a sweet album full of cherished memories.

justsomestuffimade said...

Adorable album ;)
Those photos are *so* cute! What a great way to treasure them.
Your colour scheme of bold blue really makes the cherry theme pop - love!
Rx

Debgem said...

Meredith - you do make the most gorgeous little albums - such lovely memories. I love it!

Joanne Gilch said...

Fabulous photos and a super album!! Check that off your list!!!

Karen B. said...

This is adorable! What pretty colors and the blue frosting looks like so much fun!

I'm Renee said...

The cupcakes in blue look fabby!
Love the cherries...
and such a sweet, precious book of memories!

Claire Brennan said...

Meredith this is gorgeous, and WOW she really is a tidy eater!!! my wee folks would have been plastered in frosting!! lol!! I'm so tempted to get some sort of binding gadget, you may have just pushed me over the edge!! A stunning project, fabby colours! Thank you so much for waltzing along and giving such inspiration!

Inkyfingers said...

I love cherries too and this album is fabulous. I love all the little things you made for the party and this will be such a great keepsake for your daughter.
Hugs
Carol x

Cyndie said...

What an incredible project! The colors are so well coordinated and I love your layouts! You really celebrated the birthday party waltz theme in a big way!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful project Meredith! love this colorful little book - what a great way to remember this special day!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

What an adorable book and adorable birthday girl! Great project, I need to get going on projects like that!

Chris L.

snowbear said...

What an adorable bday journal!

Charmaine Stack said...

Lovely, Meredith. What a special memento of the day and all your efforts.

Cathy Weber said...

This is absolutely wonderful and something you and your daughter will treasure forever! I love the beautiful handwritten notes you made in white ink. You have great penmanship! So pretty and who doesn't love cherries, especially the sparkly one at the end.

Caren B said...

Meredith, this is gorgeous. I love making mini albums

LaurieJ said...

A fantastic album, Meredith! Your little girl is such a cutie pie! The party looks like it was so much fun - I'm sure she'll cherish the memories.

Helen L said...

What a wonderful little book!! So fun, and I'm sure she will enjoy it for many years as she is growing up!! I also love cherries (my FAVORITE fruit!!) and I think I own some of that paper :-)
thanks for sharing such an inspiring piece!

~ Ali Watson ~ said...

Gorgeous work, love it


Ali x

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Adorable theme for the party, and your album is just beautiful! I loved reading your other post about how different your girls are - they seem like such a blessing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...