Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Fall Wedding...

Happy Summer, friends!

The weather was nice enough around here to cooperate and give us a sunny day yesterday to welcome my favourite season. I could live in the tropics, and never miss rainy, glum weather. My husband is the opposite... he craves the rain after about 4 weeks of warm sunshine. So he's been enjoying our below average temperatures and above average rainfalls this spring.

So the irony here is that I am sharing a fall themed project with you today!


My friend is getting married this October, over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. They are serving turkey with all the fixings, and the whole theme is leaves in autumnal shades. So I had lots of fun with some beautiful Papertrey Ink products to create her invitations!

I started by using an Envelopments pocket fold for the base of the invitation, and then used PTI cardstock to add my personal touch. This saved a lot of time and work for me, and they use beautiful quality paper for their products. They actually have a lot of different elements to create custom projects, but most of them I felt I could create for less, so I did do a lot of cutting!

Here is what the invite will look like when the recipient pulls it out of it's shimmery cocoa envelope:

The wrap actually will hold tighter once the invitations are properly assembled, which will be left up to the bride and groom, so they can add a couple of things themselves. I just lightly taped it for the sake of photography!

I created a wrap to go around, using dies and an impression plate to add dimension and texture.


Here's a trick... when you have to stamp 12,594 leaves for 65 invitations, change your plan... stamp one sheet of cardstock, scan it and copy as many as you like. My printer is nothing fancy - it came with my laptop for an extra $20 - and the end product still looks hand stamped!

Here is the inside of the pocket fold:


I did the same thing with the leaf pattern on the text panel. I printed out my text on regular paper, then, using it under another piece as my guide, I stamped the leaf pattern to frame the wording. I then scanned and copied that image so that it repeated twice onto my cardstock, side by side. I then fed my patterned paper through when I printed my text, and cut them to size.

The pocket on the right includes the RSVP card, as well as information for the guests regarding hotels, and directions.

Now to deliver these to an excited bride... I hope she and her fiancé are as thrilled with them as I am!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Envelopments 5x7 Landscape PocketFold; Papertrey Ink Terra Cotta Tile, Vintage Cream
Stamps: PTI Leaf Prints, Tag Its #1; Waltzingmouse Victorian Alphabet
Ink: PTI Terra Cotta; Ranger Distress Tea Dye; Colour Box Chalk Ink Chestnut
Other: PTI Mat Stack 4 Die, Limitless Layers 1.75" die, Leaf Prints Die

Pin It

7 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So elegant and beautiful looking. I love the belly band you have created for this. Excellent!

Charmaine Stack said...

Gorgeous, Meredith! That leaf stamp and matching die are wonderful, and the bark texture is lovely, too.

christy compton hall said...

Oh my goodness... this is gorgeous!!! I absolutely love it.

Leigh said...

Wow, these are stunning! Fabulous job!

Leigh said...

Wow, these are stunning! Fabulous job, Meredith!

Kathy Mc said...

Meredith, these are just gorgeous. You really added a lot of pop to those Envelopments. I'm sure the bride and groom were thrilled. Great idea to scan and print multiples to save time.

Melissa said...

Gorgeous! Love the stamped leaves on the invitation!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...