Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Angel Food Cake with Lemon Cream and White Chocolate

Wait, what? What the heck kind of card must she be talking about - lemon and chocolate... who's blog is this?!

Still me! But I have only been crafting special orders for customers, which means I don't have stuff to blog for you. But I don't want to disappear completely!

So I thought I would share a recipe I created...


Sounds decadent, looks indulgent, must be sinful, right? Well, stay tuned to the end of the recipe and you'll see...

This is something that takes virtually no time to put together, is seriously delicious and satisfies the desire for something rich and sweet. You could definitely serve this to your company and impress them. And there are so many ways you could change it up! I'll add some suggestions at the end of the recipe.

Angel Food Cake with Lemon Cream and White Chocolate




What you'll need:
Angel Food Cake (I just baked a boxed mix in 2 loaf pans)
Fat Free White Chocolate Pudding, made according to package
95% Fat Free Cool Whip, thawed
Lemon Pie Filling


1) Cut cake into 1 inch cubes - about 1/6th of one loaf per serving.
2) Mix 2 parts Cool Whip with one part lemon pie filling. I used about 1 tablespoon of pie filling to 2 tablespoons of Cool Whip.
3) Layer half the cake cubes in a fruit nappy.
4) Spoon 2 tbsp pudding over cake, with half your lemon cream.
5) Add the rest of your cake.
6) Spoon the rest of your lemon cream over the top. 
7) If you like, add just a dollop of Cool Whip and top with a fresh strawberry for garnish.


Using the measurements noted above, each serving is approximately 207 calories and less than a gram of fat!
***DISCLAIMER*** I am no chef, I am no dietician. These are estimates based on the information provided on the packages!


So here are a few ways you could change things up!


- instead of pie filling, use lemon curd, and don't mix it with the Cool Whip - it's lighter and smoother than pie filling, and would give a different effect to your dessert.
- you could also try a berry curd, which I have seen in my local supermarket!
- Leave out the pudding for a lighter dessert.
- layer some fresh berries or fruit with your cake.
- Use chocolate pudding for a completely different effect - but omit the lemon pie filling! If you like cherries and chocolate, maybe try cherry pie filling!
- With the chocolate pudding, crumble some of your favourite chocolate bar into the Cool Whip.


I could go on, but now you can see how versatile angel food cake and Cool Whip together can be, and how figure friendly dessert can be! If you come up with any other variations, please share them with me!!


I love the kitchen, I love creating my own dishes, and I *never* share recipes. So I hope you don't mind that I switched up the usual paper goodies around here, and made the exception for you lovely readers! I have been really getting into creating baked goods lately, so I am planning to share those with you as well.




Photobucket

Pin It

1 comment:

shopannies said...

what a treat yummy angel food one of my favorites and the way you make it and serve it oh my can't wait to try it come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...