Sunday, May 29, 2011

With Heartfelt Sympathy... Make it Monday...

Last Monday's 'Make it Monday' challenge was to create a sympathy card based on Dawn McVey's video (posted on Nichole Heady's blog here).

Unfortunately, I needed to make a sympathy card, so it turns out, this challenge was actually timely...


I told you previously about my aunt who had spent too many of the last 10 years fighting breast cancer. We found out a little less than 2 months ago that the cancer had returned, and was in her bones. The prognosis was not good. I am so sad to say that last Tuesday, she lost her long-time battle with the disease, and passed away.


Her children; my cousins - are still in their teens, and my heart just breaks for them. They are a very close knit family, and I can't imagine the hole they must feel in their hearts. She was such a sweet, sweet person, and I can see from the responses I have read for her family on Facebook, she touched many.

I am not a religious person, but I am grateful that she and her family had such a strong belief in God, and are very likely finding comfort in their belief that she has gone to her Lord, where she is needed. I am keeping her family in my thoughts constantly (I don't live anywhere near them), and hope that the words I filled the card with let them know how much my aunt meant to me growing up, as I gather she did to so many.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: PaperZone Facets Wasabi; Cosmo Cricket Salt Air Mini Deck, Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream
Stamps: PTI Mat Stack 1 Collection, Mat Stack 2 Collection
Ink: PTI Lemon Tart; VersaFine Onyx; Ranger Distress Ink Antique Linen, Tea Dye
Other: PTI Mat Stack 1 Die

Pin It

2 comments:

whoistracy said...

Very pretty! I love the little bit of lace you added. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

Pauline said...

Meredith, this is so sad for your family. However, I am sure your cousins and uncle will appreciate your warm thoughts in this very beautiful card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...