Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Just a Note...

I am squeaking in under the wire for this post! I have one hour to enter the CASE Study Challenge, where this month's muse has been Sarah Martina Parker, who I just adore...


Sarah is just the sweetest thing... I don't know if she even recalls, but I sent her a quick note once to ask her about her photo set up, and she responded while I was online waiting for the PTI release... so we ended up sort of chatting while we were waiting to see all the goodies. It was so fun to 'hang out' with someone who was as excited for the release as I was! Since then, I've enjoyed a few interactions with her, and she's always just so kind and helpful.

Sarah's style is just gorgeous, so deliciously layered and shabby... I love it. I find so much inspiration in her work, and how she puts different materials together. So when she was featured this month over at CASE Study, a challenge I've wanted to play with for awhile, I knew it was time to join in!


I copied the basic layout and a lot of the elements in Sarah's card, using a paper doily and lace trim as she did, but I decided to use these floral yo-yo's instead of the flower she chose, and while she had some beautiful bling flourishes on her card, I used these fun paper leaves I've had in my stash for a little while.

And I wouldn't be channeling my inner Sarah if I didn't paint the edges of my card.

I finally put my PTI Postmarks set to work on this one too... I really have to pull that one out more often, I love it so... I just always 'save' it, you know?

Better get this linked up before it's too late!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White, Girls' Paperie DP
Stamps: PTI Postmarks, Just the Ticket
Ink: Stampin' Up Melon Mambo; VersaFine Onyx
Other: May Arts lace trim (I think the stick pin might also be May Arts), Recollections paper leaves and rhinestone; My Little Yellow Bicycle doily

Pin It

5 comments:

Sarah Martina said...

Meredith... I LOVE this! Pink paint??? Be still my heart!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh yes, spot on with the pink paint! Love it!!

Cristina said...

You're right - Sarah is awesome! And so is this card! So glad you played along with us at CASE Study!

Gabby said...

Found ya through Sarah ... very pretty card! I like the papers, distressing, yo yos and the pink paint! :)

Pamela said...

Wow, this is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...