Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Friend... PTI May Blog Hop and CAS-ual Fridays!

Another month has flown by without my realizing. I can't believe it's time for the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop already!


This month, the theme is 'Flowers'. Right away I knew I'd be inking up my In Bloom... I love to colour the images in this set... I thought I might try and do something a little less obvious with the theme, but the Copics were too tempting!


This is a *super* simple card for me... I hardly ever do something this clean, but I do love this style. I sort of felt like I was channeling my inner Damask Love when I was putting it together!


So did you know that when you stamp your sentiment with black ink right over a nice dark green leaf sporting black detail lines... the sentiment barely shows up? Yeah, I know, but I still thought I'd try... so you know what you do to fix it? Get out your silver gel pen, and make it look like you meant to do that... ha!

I am also going to enter this into this week's CAS-ual Fridays, where the current challenge is to add bling... I added a couple of rhinestones to help my sentiment out...

Happy Hopping!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White
Stamps: PTI In Bloom
Ink: VersaMagic Cement; Momento Tuxedo Black
Other: Copic Markers, Rhinestones from Michael's ($1.50 Bin), UniBall silver gel pen

Pin It

30 comments:

justsomestuffimade said...

Adorable card - love your colouring and the silvery greeting looks *totally* like you meant it all along ;)
Hope you are well and getting back to the routine after all the Disney fun! Hugs, Ruth S

Pamela said...

This is beautiful! :)

Amber said...

Thanks for your thoughtful and hilarious comment, Meredith!!! Don't worry though - I'll be back to my usual bright white, clean and simple designs tomorrow! All those distressed edges were definitely a departure for me:-) Thanks again! And I PROMISE - that paper is SUPER easy to make! Have a great day!

Pauline said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the layout, and your colouring is spectacular!

Amber said...

OH! And I forgot to tell you how much I love this card!You coloring is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! The shading creates the perfect depth. Great Job!

Elena said...

gorgeous! and I love how you shared about your process - I constantly have to re-adjust my cards when I "mess up" something, lol. most of the time, it turns out better than we thought, huh? great job!

Jessica said...

Beautiful card, Meredith!!

Cassie_lu said...

This card looks amazing CAS and all. And your coloring of the flower really gets it popping off the card

GabrielaD said...

wow... awesome job. Love it!

Lisa said...

Very CAS! Really like the flower you used and your coloring is fab :)

Margaret M said...

Great job on the coloring and stamping! I like what you did with your embossing.

Leigh said...

Oh, this is lovely! Wonderful job!

Michelle said...

This is so beautful!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Stunning coloring! Beautiful card~

Michele Gross said...

Beautiful! Love your funny explanation of the sentiment. It turned out fab! Glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jenny said...

Wow your flower is gorgeous, love your shading. Fab card :)
Jenny x

Virginia L. said...

GORGEOUS coloring and design!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Linda Monroe said...

Beautiful coloring.

Karen said...

Just gorgeous! I love the background and the silver pen is a brilliant idea.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This is Gorgeous! Just beautiful! Lovely coloring and I like the silver embossing for the sentiment. Gives it a very elegant feeling.

Laura Davis said...

OH MY GOODNESS, breathtaking!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Wendy ten Hove said...

This is sooo pretty!!! Love the dramatic coloring!! Makes the flower and leaves look stunning!!!! Very, very nice!!!
Hugs, Wendy

Julie Day said...

Your coloring is FAB! Love that flower image on the white :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Wow, wow, wow! Love how you stamped the bloom as a background, and the colouring is stunning. Great job!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Stunning! Your coloring blows me away. The design and composition are fantastic! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your designs!

Terri said...

Very nice. Great coloring.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card, great colouring.

Gina said...

This is so pretty! The coloring is wonderful and I love how you fixed your "oops" - I'd have never known if you hadn't said anything! :)

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I especially love how you improvised with the sentiment! Soooo pretty!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is clock-stopping gorgeous!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...