Friday, May 20, 2011

Festive Friday... a little late!

*ETA: I am linking this up over at Damask Love for Amber's latest Reject Blog Hop!!

Shoot! Did you know it was Friday today? Apparently I did not. I was really excited for this week's holiday card, and was looking forward to sharing it with you... then I completely forgot to post it!


I created this card for one of the recent Paper Crafts call, but it wasn't accepted, so I am able to share with you now! I *love* this one... I love the colour combo, I love the glittered snowflakes, and the vintage feel it all brings together. I might not be able to give this one out...


I am just crazy for Papertrey's Ocean Tides. I have an order sitting in my cart waiting for when I can justify it, and it's full of cardstock and buttons in this beautiful colour. Combine it with Vintage Cream, and chunky glitter, stamped in a monochromatic theme... *sigh* And I wasn't even upset when my text stamp didn't stamp all over... I was excited that it added some worn, aged appeal.

A confession: I have only spent about 4 hours in my craft room since we got back from Disneyland... and that was all on Wednesday! I was working on a friend's wedding invites, and then, to take a break, I coloured up one of my new Flourishes stamps... but I haven't actually created anything!

I've done some pondering this week, realizing how much I have on my plate the next while, and how I always pressure myself to do it all, and perfectly. Everything that is on my plate is there because I want it to be... I like to be busy, I love to have projects on the go; when I don't, I feel antsy and fidget. But I find that I put so much pressure on myself to have my house perfect, the laundry always done and put away, all the beds made and toilets cleaned, with a perfect dinner in the oven. Reality is that I have 2 kids under 3 years, who go through more clothes than my husband and I combined, one of them who doesn't like to eat *anything*, the other who eats *everything* and wanted it yesterday, plus 3 toilets to scrub. On top of this, it's gardening season, and I like to have beautiful pots with lots of flowers - so I have to be on top of watering and fertilizing!

The point is, I might not be around as much. My baby is turning 1 in only two weeks (!), and I don't know where the time has gone. The other will be 3 in August, and I am pretty sure I was swaddling her for the first time about 6 months ago. I need to slow down and take them in. I need to absorb them, love on them, just *be* with them. If the laundry waits an extra day, then it waits. If the toilets get a slight ring, forgive me. The beds... well, I really do want to try to make those everyday - it makes everything seem tidier... So I will definitely still be creating - I have a few orders for things, and of course, I'd go crazy without making a card here and there. But with the warmer weather and sunny days, I want to take time and enjoy it. I am so lucky to stay home with my girls, and I want to soak it all up while I can, before school takes them away from me.

I'll be around, and I will do my best not to let much more than a few days go by (okay, a week max!) without posting.. but I hope you'll still visit me, and leave me your sweet comments. I sure do love reading them, and they really do make my day.

Thanks for listening... I *will* try to post some Disneyland pics in the next few days... have a wonderful long weekend, if you're lucky like me and have one!
.Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink Ocean Tides, Vintage Cream
Stamps: PTI Peace Be Still, Inside Out: Holiday; Waltzingmouse Text It
Ink: Antique Linen Distress Ink; Stampin' Up Baja Breeze
Other: PTI Peace Be Still Dies; Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter and Seam Binding

Pin It

6 comments:

Melonie said...

So pretty! I love the glitter on the snowflakes:)

Amber said...

I love this card! I never seem to reach for Ocean Tides, but this inspires me to use it more! Beautiful job!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

This is such a gorgeous card!!! I love it!

Glenda J said...

Absolutely beautiful! Great work.

Pauline said...

Gorgeous xmas card, love all that sparkle and shine!

Glad you had a great time at Disney, I saw your fab pics on FB, love the one with Sleeping Beauty and your little one having a chat with her! So sweet.

And the years fly by, make the most of them, it only seems like yesterday my 11 yr old was a toddler and I miss those days! XXX

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful colors on this card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...