Sunday, April 3, 2011

Thank You Kindly

Today I am sharing a project with you that I actually created a couple of weeks ago... We are taking the kids to Disneyland at the beginning of May, so I have been trying hard to get lots of projects done and get ahead of things before we go!


I had to make a thank you card that I could mail internationally without it costing a fortune, so I kept the layers and embellishments to a minimum, using embossing, paint (!) and distressing to add interest.


I hope you're not tired of me painting everything I touch lately... I can't get enough of it!! I love what it adds, and how it can add distressing but keep my projects light...

I have lots to post in the next little while, so stay tuned!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: PaperZone PopTones Banana, White from Stash
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Victorian Frippery, Fancy Phrases
Ink: Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, Real Red, Tim Holtz Tea Stain Distress Ink
Other: Spellbinders Labels 3 Dies, Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder, Celebrate It Satin Ribbon

Pin It

3 comments:

Sasha said...

I love the paint effect on your cards, Meredith. The composition of this one is great, too.

justsomestuffimade said...

Great card Meredith - it certainly doesn't 'suffer' for being a slim one ;)
I love your inspiration for painting too. I've not braved it, and I'm only just discovering misting. Thanks for sharing your ideas! Hugs, Ruth S

Debgem said...

Love the distressed effect on this card - lovely colours too! This is fab!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...