Friday, April 22, 2011

Peep Show Cookies...

Happy Friday, friends! I would normally be sharing a holiday card and some tags with you today, but since it's Good Friday, I decided to do something Easter themed instead!

I have been spending a TON of time looking around Michelle Wooderson's blog lately. I am sure you know her as one of the design team members for Papertrey Ink. I just love her vintage, thrift store style, and I love the way she puts stuff together. I've had some Peeps that I bought awhile back just waiting for me to figure out what to do with them, so earlier this week, when Mish showed us her Peep Show Cookie Jar, I knew I *had* to make some for my own Easter guests!


Isn't the (PTI) Friendship Jar stamp set *so* cute? For some reason, I felt I should wait on the Spring Fillers to go with the original set, even though I could envision so many uses for it, even minus the jar! I have just loved the sentiments and font combo in Friendship Jar since I first saw it, and actually wasn't sure I'd ever even use the jar itself. Well I've changed my mind now!


I copied Mish's version pretty closely. I did use different coloured Peeps instead of just one colour, and I filled my jar with eggs that I masked using the Spring Baskets set from Waltzingmouse Stamps, since I was silly and didn't get the Spring Fillers. Still, I really love how the eggs turned out!

If you're interested in trying this one out for yourself, check out Mish's post here.

I know my blog has been pretty quiet this past couple of weeks, but I am hoping that in the next week or so I can catch up and start posting regularly again! Thanks for sticking with me, and thanks for all your sweet comments! I am always *so* appreciative that you take the time to visit me and leave me some love!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Friendship Jar; Waltzingmouse Stamps Spring Baskets
Ink: VersaFine Onyx; Momento Tuxedo Black; VersaMagic (purple, can't remember name)
Other: PTI Friendship Jar Label Die, Copic Markers

Pin It

5 comments:

IamDerby said...

Super cute!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a darling idea to give to your guests on Easter! Love the tag and all the Friendship sets. Have a great weekend!

Pauline said...

Beautiful, and those treats look yummylicious!! Your colouring is gorgeous on the eggs. Happy Easter xx

justsomestuffimade said...

Cute jar Meredith - I love your combo of the PTI jar with WMS egg treats ;)
Have a great Easter weekend, hugs, Ruth S

Shirley said...

A really cute tag, Meredith!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...