Monday, April 25, 2011

Just Because... Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

I know the calendar says April 25, but truly - around here you'd never know it. We had a *beautiful* day on Saturday - the mercury hovered around 20 degrees (remember, that's Celcius!), the sun shone bright, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I guess we had our day of spring! I am so anxious for the warmer weather - the only way I am staying sane in the below normal temperatures and endless grey skies is knowing that in 2 weeks, I will be enjoying the sun and warm weather in Disneyland!



Okay, enough chit chat... it's the PTI Blog Hop, and I know you have lots of other stops on your way... so I don't want to keep you!



I had about 10 minutes to make this card, so I kept it so very CAS. I hardly ever do anything CAS, but this month's masculine theme seemed to lend itself too perfectly.


Thanks for 'hopping' by!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: PTI Kraft, White Cardstock
Stamps: PTI Leaf Prints, Mega Mixed Messages
Ink: PTI Terra Cotta; Color Box Chalk (brown - can't remember name!); Distress Ink Tea Stain
Other: PTI Woodgrain Impression plate, twine from LSS, Terra Cotta Tile vintage button

Pin It

14 comments:

justsomestuffimade said...

Lovely masculine card! Your CAS look really works, and the woodgrain embossing is perfect ;)
Sounds like spring may finally be on it's way for you - let's hope it lasts! Hugs, Ruth S

Debgem said...

Meredith - this is a super card. Love the woodgrain texture embossing and falling leaves. If I could send you some of the Mumbai sun and heat I would!!!

Jen Carter said...

LOVE this!! The leaves look fantastic against the white woodgrain!

cards by cara said...

Love this!! I used woodgrain for my blog hop submission; it really works well for this month's theme.

I look forward to meeting you in Vancouver whenever we plan our PTI get together - you are so creative ... :)

Chris Simon said...

Excellent card! I love the color, texture, leaves, twine and button. The balance is just right.

Jen said...

So so handsome! This is a CAS (clean and sophisticated) card at its very best. I adore the leaves and their placement. The woodgrain is divine and adds such richness. The twine /ribbon treatment...fab! I also love the great care and skill demonstrated when photographing your genius creation. Gosh, everything just works!

Inkyfingers said...

Such a gorgeous card and I love those maple leaves! It only took you 10 minutes??? Genius.
Hugs
Carol x

Alicia a.k.a. Crafty Al said...

The texture on the cardstock is perfect with the stamped leaves. TFS

Keva said...

What a beautiful card!

I'm Renee said...

A beautiful card!
Love the woodgrain on white...
and the leaves are perfect!

Anne said...

LOVE the woodgrain with the autumn leaves. So perfect!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love the clean approach to this card. The woodgrain pattern is excellent. Great card!

Tracey McNeely said...

For 10 minutes, this card is gorgeous! Love the woodgrain and the red leaves. Awesome.

Mindy said...

Wow, beautiful card! Love the woodgrain with the leaves & the twine...it all of your elements complement each other so nicely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...